The Doctor Who Thread

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
I love Doctor Who! I haven't seen any of the original series (except for a few random YouTube clips of Tom Baker), and I haven't seen Series 4, 5, 6, or what has been released so far of 7 yet. My favorite Doctor is Nine, but I love Ten as well. My two favorite companions are Rose and K-9. My favorite episodes are probably Human Nature and Family of Blood.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
"Fantastic"! I've found a Doctor Who thread. I've just recently become a "whovian." I started watching on Netflix and now I can't get enough. right now I'm in the middle of Series 2 and hopefully soon, I'll start watching some Classic Who. I love this show so much and all I want to do is get more and more. And since it's been around for nearly 50 years, I'm sure I'll have no problem with that.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Anyone else gotten into the Big Finish Audio Dramas?

So far I've heard, The Sirens of Time, The Sword of Orion, Doctor Who and the Pirates (My favorite one so far) and The Genocide Machine. I just bought Davros on iTunes, but haven't gotten the chance to listen to it yet.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Thanks for reviving this thread! I almost thought I had killed it. Anyways, I've finally finished all of NuWho that was on Netflix. Hopefully, I can start Classic Who sometime soon. I also need to find a way to catch up on Series 7 somehow.

I've heard of the Big Finish Audio Dramas and I hope I can get around to listening to them sometime. I want to get as much Doctor Who as possible.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I've heard of the Big Finish Audio Dramas and I hope I can get around to listening to them sometime. I want to get as much Doctor Who as possible.
If you'd value an opinion, I'd suggest starting with Doctor Who and the Pirates. It's definitive proof that Colin Baker deserved to be the Doctor and a favorite among fans of the Audio Dramas.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------
Colin Baker?

*beat*

You're SERIOUS? He was AWFUL. Sorry, but he was the reason MANY people (myself included) STOPPED watching Doctor Who back in the day. His Doctor was an arrogant donkey with absolutely no redeeming qualities.

On the other hand, Paul McGann's Big Finish stories suggest he could have been a decent Doctor -- if the awful TV-movie had been scrapped, and a reboot such as we now have had been the plan instead.

I've finally seen Matt's first season; now I need to hunt down a copy of Series Six I can actually afford! (No no don't tell me -- spoilers!)
--------------

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
---------
Colin Baker?

*beat*

You're SERIOUS? He was AWFUL. Sorry, but he was the reason MANY people (myself included) STOPPED watching Doctor Who back in the day. His Doctor was an arrogant donkey with absolutely no redeeming qualities.
--------------
Well, Nick Briggs and the Big Finish crew gave him some. Via companion Dr. Evelyn Smythe, they deflated his ego and toned down his donkey-ness (he even jokes to Mel in one story about how she took him from intolerable to mostly tolerable). Now he's the fan favorite Doctor of the Audio format.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Seriously? I thought McGann had that title hands down. *shrug* No accounting for taste...

Have begun watching Torchwood. A bit silly, and very Doctor-Who-meets-X-Files, but fun. And hey, Cap'n Jack. Gotta love Jack!

-------------