Hensonville City 2011

Katzi428

Reaction score
reading a gift tag on a gift bag from Christmas from my sister & her partner Oh brother! :rolleyes:. Hey Robin I have to show you this. Read it out loud.
Robin reading it :"To Kathy From Robin" looks at me I didn't get you anything in a gift bag.
Yeah I know. But my sister and her friend that got me all that Muppet stuff thought they'd be cute and funny by saying it was from a Muppet. So I guess they picked you!
Robin: Heehee! They have good taste! And you just noticed the gift tag now?

Sad to say, but yes. :embarrassed:

Katzi428

Reaction score
there's a knock at my bedroom door and Robin's voice says Mom? Can I come in?

Yep....c'mon in.
Robin opens the door and comes in the room I don't feel well.

feeling his forehead You don't have a fever. Is your stomach upset?
Robin: No...I just feel yukky.

Then it occurs to me that today was the last day of holiday vacation before school starts again tomorrow.
Robin.. dear one..I know what you're suffering from.A cure for it is a trip back to school tomorrow.
Robin: Aww..but Mom...
Don't "aw but Mom" me, kiddo. I was 10 years old myself once and had to go back to school after a great Christmas vacation. Didn't a couple of your buddies go away on ski trips or something? I know that Nancy and her folks went to Nancy's grandmother's in Pennsylvania.
Robin's face brightens Hey yeah! I suddenly don't feel sick.
I don't think you were sick in there first place Robin:wink: . Now off to bed you go so you don't wake up all Mr. Grumpy Frog in the morning.hugging him. I love you round the world and back again.!
Robin hugs me And I love you round the world and back again.! Especially 'cause you're so smart! He leaves
I shake my head. What a kid.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
It is the end of a long Christmas break, and everybody is back to work tomorrow. Fozzie is anxious about his new dinner club gig, and is trying out his jokes--or the ideas for them--on Kermit. Kermit, ironically, seems calmer at the prospect of going back to work, and has been humming happily on and off all day. Piggy is not in a tither but she is causing a tither as Ru runs around the apartment ironing several outfits so Piggy will have a choice in the morning. Finally, everything is ironed and hung up and Ru joins Kermit and Fozzie in the living room. Ru slips into the recliner next to Fozzie and gives him a big hug.)

Ru: Hey, Fozzie. You promised to do some of your jokes for me.
Kermit: (kindly) He's been doing some of them for me--you'll love them.
Fozzie: (worriedly) Do you think 2013 is going to be an unlucky year? It ends in a 13....
Ru: I don't think it's going to be unlucky. I think it's going to be a good year.
Fozzie: What about you, Kermit? What do you think will happen?
Kermit: I think 2013 is going to be a year of wonderful things--things we don't expect and will love. I think our fortunes will improve and our friendships will deepen. I can't wait to see what happens next--I know it will surprise me and be good.
Piggy: (coming in from the kitchen) I made everyone cocoa!
(Everyone stares. No one speaks--they are too surprised.)
Oh, c'mon--it's instant. Moi can make instant cocoa! (stamps artfully shod foot)
Kermit: (getting out the armchair and taking the tray to help her pass out the mugs) Of course you can, Piggy. It's, um, we were just talking about what we think the new year will bring. What do you think?
Piggy: Moi is expecting a fabulous year, with lots of new things. (She smiles at Kermit.) And some things that won't change.
(Kermit puts the tray down and takes her free hand. He smiles at Fozzie and Ru.)
Kermit: (lifting his mug of cocoa) To 2013! Cheers!
(Everybody drinks.)
Kermit: Um....
Fozzie: Er....
Ru: Piggy, honey--you have to use hot water, or heat them in the microwave. Want me to...?
Piggy: (handing back her mug and settling into one of the recliners with Kermit) That would be lovely....
Kermit: Piggy...! (sounds of frog giggling)
Fozzie: Need some help in the kitchen?
Ru: Always. And you still owe me some jokes!
Fozzie: Coming right up.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
2013 will hopefully be filled with some good frights for one and all to share.
I'm personally looking forward to maybe doing some holiday traveling round October, if there's an anniversary party for the spooks over at the Mouse House. And I'm really really rooting for the new Muppet movie's tentative release date getting a confirmation as such.

Night all, prospero año nuevo. :batty:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Pink: Awww? Cow feel bad?

*a very loud CRASH resounds through the apt as one flailing pink raggy thing is hurled into the living room bookshelf*

SHUT IT, Pinky!

:news: *poking a long pointed nose out of his room* Uhm. Everything all right?

NO everything is NOT all right! That stupid ragmop just called me a COW!

Rhonda: He calls EVERYTHING a cow.

Blue *tentatively*... Awww...chick-en? Ulp!

*gulping his jaw over his face does not prevent Blue from following Pink's approximate trajectory*

GrrrrrAAAHHH! *stomp stomp SLAM*

Rhonda *watching the living room lamp sway precariously* Uh huh. Flu.

:news: Oh oh. Flu? You're sure? *yanks a hanky over his nose*

Rhonda: She only gets that cantankerous when she's not feeling well. I noticed she was in bed all day yesterday. Alone.

:news: Er, well, yes, I noticed that too but...what does that have to do with the flu?

Rhonda *headshake* After that kiss at the holiday party, you have to ask?

:news: Huh?

Rhonda: Nevermind. Go fix her some peppermint tea. Take it in there. You'll be the hero of the day.

-----------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Returning from my family's traditional Three Kings Day lunch at my paternal grandfather's home...

Hey guys, I'm back.
UD: Mmm, how positively dreadful.
Do you have Kris's present wrapped?
UD: *singing a little, with spider webs and a pretty black rose bow.
Good, time to make like Santa Jack and leave something that's sure to make 'em scream.

*Skulks upstairs to Apt 12, depositing the parsel, a coffee frother machine/device like the one my mom bought a month ago, and a card wishing the fan of the Newsman's a joyous birthday from us spooks down below.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Posts up the announcement about new submissions up on the townhouse's bulletin board next to the entry/sign-in desk at the lobby for all current residents and potential new applicants alike to see and then reply to at their earliest convenience. :news:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
Oooh cappuccino machine! Thanks guys! *runs to kitchen to start it*

Rhonda: Good. Fill 'er up. *yawning, she waits with a travel mug while an endless stream of rats troop from the apartment lugging trunks, retro suitcases, and one Silver Bullet Airstream Trailer hitched to a hundred-guinea-pig team*

:news: Uh...Rhonda?

Rhonda: yeah?

:news: What's...what's all this?

Rhonda: Oh, the westward ho thing? Yeah...well...I'm going on an expedition. Didn't you read the memo at work?

:news: Er...I thought it was your job to keep me informed of memos?

Rhonda: Whoopsie. Silly me. Hey -- hey boys! Not so rough with the fenders! Watch the *SCRRRAAAAPPE* corners...dangit...

Rhonda? You leaving us? *hands her coffee*

Rhonda: Oooh! Cinnamon sprinkles! Yeah...admittedly I'll miss those. But, well, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, and when the invite for a trip around the globe is placed in this delicate paw, you know I just gotta use it!

:news: Around the globe?? A...a special report? Like BBC Planet Earth?

Rhonda: Something like that.

Random Guinea Pig: *snicker* If ya consider "'round the earth in 80 cheeses" special...

Rhonda *whacks the animal with her pocketbook* Pay attention to the steering! Richie-poo said he wanted this to be tres retro-cool, and we mustn't scrape the paint on that classic trailer!

Richie-poo??

:news: Richie RICH? Rhonda, you never told me you knew--

Rhonda: Oh, button it, Goldie! That's a comic book! No, I mean Richard Branson! He saw my work on that silly little animal show and wanted to revive it for his airline as good PR. Can't blame him. They need all the help they can get. MOVE IT, BOYS! Ta...it's been...something. *flounces out, a hundred guinea pigs groaning and dragging the trailer in her wake*

*beat*

:news: When the heck did she meet Richard Branson? And...and she didn't want me along??

When the heck did she get a classic Airstream...and how the %#^%^$# did it fit in her ROOM??

-----------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Sorting through replies. Hmm, guess Rhonda heard about another rat possibly moving in. Dunno if I should take the Martians myself. Guess I'll wait to hear from Beth first about another potential new roomie though.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
(There are three patient roommates and one out-of-patience diva having a cuppa. Food has been ordered--comfort food--and there are great hopes that it will arrive soon. Very soon.)

Piggy: I do not understand what the hold up is! (Stamps foot.) Moi specifically has it in all of my contracts that I cannot be required to spend more than 72 hours away from my wardrobe without getting a credit of $5000 to replace it!
Ru: Honey, I packed your four trunks. Don't you think that will get you through until we can move back in?
Piggy: You did not pack the right camisole!
Ru: I packed the black one, the white one, the ivory one, the light blue one, the cobalt blue one, the Carolina blue one--which goes wonderful with your eyes, by the way--and--
Piggy: Oooh! It does, doesn't it?! I could wear that one instead. (She runs off to the bathroom to change.)
Kermit: (aside to Ru, after making sure that Piggy is out of earshot) I'm almost afraid to ask, but...instead of what?
Ru: The blue one with itty-bitty white flowers on it.
Kermit: The one with lace around the hem? Wide lace?
Fozzie: (head in hands, tiredly) Wow, Kermit. You sure know a lot about Miss Piggy's underwear.
Kermit: (blushing furiously) It's not underwear! (Several people turn and look, and Kermit hunches down in his seat.) It's not underwear, Fozzie. You wear it under your clothes but you're supposed to see it.
Fozzie: I don't. I don't wear anything under my clothes--or on top of my clothes. I'm furry.
Ru: (patting his furry hand) I know, Sweetie. That's what makes you so snuggly.
Fozzie: (looking shy) Awwww....Ru.
Kermit: If she's still annoyed when she comes back, I'll tell her where we'll go shopping with the $5000. That ought to be good for at least 45 minutes.
Ru: (sighing) Good. I don't really know how long this is going to take. The contractors should be giving us a time estimate soon.
Fozzie: What all are they doing?
Ru: Well, you know the, um, (glances toward bathroom) changes that we talked about--just us?
Fozzie: And Kermit. He was there, too.
Ru: Right--I meant, just us, including Kermit.
Fozzie: Oh. Cause I wasn't sure, because sometimes when you say, "just us" it means soemthing different.
Ru: Yes. But this time, I mean, just you and me and Kermit.
Fozzie: Right. You said that already.
Kermit: Fozzie--could you let Ru finish what she was about to say? She was going to tell us about the new--
Piggy: Ta da!
(Everybody startles, especially Ru.)
Kermit: (recovering first) Oh, hi--saaaaayyy! Look at you, Piggy! That camisole looks very lovely peeking out from under your white crochet sweater.
Fozzie: How do you know it isn't knitted?
Kermit: It's open weave. That usually means it's crocheted.
Fozzie: I thought open weave meant that it was woven--not knitted or crocheted.
(Piggy is watching their conversation like a tennis match.)
Ru: This sweater was crocheted--I happen to know. It's, um, cotton.
Fozzie: What about her camisole? Is it crocheted?
Ru: No--it's a knit.
Fozzie: I thought you said the sweater was crocheted.
Ru: (sighing and digging in purse) Kermit--can I borrow a swig of your water? I need to take a headache pill....
Piggy: Kermie--what do you think about my denim skirt?
Kermit: (looking it over) Um, well, truthfully, I think it's a little short.
Piggy: (who had been preparing to preen) What?!
Kermit: Yeah--I, um, think it's a little short. I think a longer skirt would be more flattering. Maybe one with a yoke and a slit up the back, but I think the ruffle on this one makes it too short.
Piggy: (doubtfully) Well....
Ru: I think Kermit might be right. An a-line with a yoke would be a better fit, too. You don't need ruffles. Your curves make a statement without them.
Piggy: And do you know what my curves are saying now, Ru dear?
Ru: No! What are they saying now Piggy?
Piggy: They are saying, "This is taking too long! I want to move in! Tell the contractors to hit the road and let me get my stuff."
Ru: Er, we're expecting a call any time now....