Moderation Proposition

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yeah, and in the meantime, we're all losing it, whhich is creating a whole other problem.
Is it really that bad Miss Kermie? I don't see anyone lossing anything or getting to upset over this. The only thing people are getting upset over is the lack of a response from the powers that be. I'm sure that they are looking at the issue from all the different angles and will make the best move when they find it.
Instead of "losing it" why not come up with some solutions, and bring them forth.
People have said that we need at least one or two new mods. Ok thats fine, but who? Who would really make a great new mod for this forum, and not treat people or issues without cautiously thinking about how to do so. Other people have said that we need to have a different kind of forum software, or an update that will give the mods that we do have more control. An update would work, (if there is one) but a new forum software with a new formate would (A) take a long time to put on the site.(B) Take members a long time to get use to all the "new" features. (C) cost a lot of time, and money that the mods may or may not have to do so.
So let's all come up with something that would really work and present our plan in a very official, and business like way, and try and get results that way. If everyone would work together and agree on what the common goal of this is then we could start making some headway here.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
No one is saying we need new forum software, what people are saying is that the forum software actually needs to be modified from it's default state. I honestly do not believe ANY of the settings to the forum were touched when it was set up. I've used admin panels before. If a dumb 13 year old can figure them out, I don't see why it would take so much effort to maybe check a few boxes granting mods more power. Of course, I don't know for sure if thats the case, but you get my point.

What people are mad about is the lackadaisical attitude Phil has towards people. I'm sure he is very busy and all, which is probably why he doesn't answer the concerns or questions people have. But it almost feels as if the forum doesn't even have an admin.

All people want is Phil to come here and give an explanation or just to let people know he is considering it or feels we are fine how we are.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Boy Sarge, that was an almost suicidal post you just made...

But, I will say this though:
I've used admin panels before. If a dumb 13 year old can figure them out, I don't see why it would take so much effort to maybe check a few boxes granting mods more power.
Yeah, but keep in mind, a lot of forum programs are a lot more advanced and complicated today, compared to back in the day... especially those free forums where the admin panels really only include just the basics.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The fact that Phil's not here should be even more reason why the mods should have more power, there's no one running it!
Ed is doing a good job at whatever he can do at this point, but it's really not enough. I have a feeling Phil did see this, but ignored it, and sending a message doesn't help either.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Boy Sarge, that was an almost suicidal post you just made...

But, I will say this though:
Yeah, but keep in mind, a lot of forum programs are a lot more advanced and complicated today, compared to back in the day... especially those free forums where the admin panels really only include just the basics.
Point taken

But really, we don't know what is going on with Phil and his life. He's obviously not going to be babysitting us for hours on end. So, if his life and limited time prevents him from being here, at the very least, Ed needs to be given more powers or even promoted to another administrator :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know Sarge, and you do make your point loud and clear, it's what we all have been feeling, though have never exactly come right out and said... I'm just thinking that maybe you shouldn't have put it so... blunt... considering in the past, those kind of actions were taken as essentially writing your own ticket out of here. :smirk:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess considering the only evidence I really have is the trophies and member ranks not being modified, they are low on the list of importance XD Does anyone really care about the trophy points anyway? :stick_out_tongue:

I really DON'T know how complicated this particular forum is to work, so assuming it's as easy as a few buttons probably was unfair of me to say. I really don't mean any offense to Phil. He has kept the site going for years and we should be thankful for that.

The only point I'm trying to make is that personal life and being busy can be perceived in such a way when people are left in the dark. I'm not saying anything intentionally trying to be offensive.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I think Sarge is right here, that if the moderators are very busy because of work and their personal lives, then it makes sense to hire another one. I don't see anything offensive in her comments at all.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Let's just agree that I did word a few things rather poorly and made it sound worse than what I was trying to say, and that I am sorry and I did not mean for it to sound offensive if taken the wrong way :embarrassed:

Vincent L

Reaction score
Maybe you should get a trial version of XenForo and look at the admin panel, or look at the online manual.