Hot Wheels releasing an Electric Mayhem Bus

los

Reaction score
I apologize. I've been argumentative these couple of days.
Who am I kidding. The Palisades Muppets Lab was not 100% accurate and I still got it :big_grin:. I, more than likely, will buy this salamander too.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm still confused as to why they can't get licensing to make the bus if they got it to make cars fo r the muppets.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Disney seem to have the rights for the EM bus as it will be featured in the Disney Infinity game.
Will it? Ooooh!

Rights are weird when applied to replicas. I've heard of other approved product proposals involving the Mayhem bus in the past, but they were cartoony representations rather than authentic replicas.

Correction: The Electric Mayhem bus used in Infinity is also a modified version of the design with fewer windows than the actual bus. It's cued-up at 2:13 here:
(actual bus used in TMM & MFS)​
(different-looking model of bus used in the 2011 film)​
I'm still confused as to why they can't get licensing to make the bus if they got it to make cars fo r the muppets.
Money! That and dealing with a foreign car company that I'm not sure exists anymore.

I apologize. I've been argumentative these couple of days.
Who am I kidding. The Palisades Muppets Lab was not 100% accurate and I still got it :big_grin:. I, more than likely, will buy this salamander too.
No problem. :smile: That Lab. Hahahaha! So many remarks about the lab back in the day. I think Palisades chose to make that design instead of the one used in the program. That was actually based on art provided by Henson, but fans were not pleased.

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
Are the other muppets hot wheels being sold at toysrus? Where are they located in toysrus and how much are they being sold for?

Brendan S

Reaction score
I don't believe the others have been released yet, so there was no sign of them. The Bus was with the Hot Wheels toys, in the section with the special releases. It was $4.99. Or it could have been $5.99...I hadn't heard about it prior to finding it. I was so excited to see it that money was no longer an option : ).

The designs aren't movie accurate, but the spirit is right on the money. My favorite part is the top of the Bus...there's a great design that should make any Muppet fan smile.

Hubert

Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know, Brendan! Good to hear that this was released and is official. :smile:

crazy chris

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed how saturated Ebay is with these mayhem bus' now?

search muppet and every result page has a dozen of them at prices varying from 10 to 30 bucks...lol...

cc

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy these, in person? I keep calling toysrus but they do not have any in stock.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Called it. TRU.

It seems like something you have to check a Toys R Us for. They usually have a monopoly on certain toys and toylines. Like I said, this is the premium line. It's much harder to find than the standard Hot Wheels line up. TRU is probably a good bet.
Of course, they're pretty much the only toy store that isn't a local educational toy store in this country anymore...