TMS Seasons 4 and 5 Petition

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I am watching the unofficial set, and it is strange that Brian Henson introduces the john Denver episode, so has it been on DVD before or video, and if it was cleared before, why are there issues now? All the remaining ones come from the Disney Channel, so once again, how come they screened and cant be released now.Are screening rights for DVD release different from TV screening?:confused:
Yes, it was released by TimeLife, along with several other episodes in the early 2000's.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Which reminds me Columbia was re-releasing the Time Life volumes on DVD for the first time in stores since the Time Life volumes were TV and internet exclusive at the time. But Columbia never finished the rest of the volumes. I remember getting the VHS and really wanted to switch to DVD when the DVDs were coming out but my father said no at the time. lol Now they are really expensive to get.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
All the remaining ones come from the Disney Channel, so once again, how come they screened and cant be released now.Are screening rights for DVD release different from TV screening?:confused:
Yes. As are screening rights to be shown in the theater and on dvd. Fun fact, they couldn't get the right to Starway to Heaven in Wayne's World to be used on home releases, but they did get the rights to use it in the theater. So they had to change the three seconds used of it to a generic riff for all home releases.

It's also the same issue they ran into with Beavis and Butt-Head. They only got the rights to show the music videos on tv airings, so when it came to putting them on dvd, they had to leave most of the music segments out.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
It's also the same issue they ran into with Beavis and Butt-Head. They only got the rights to show the music videos on tv airings, so when it came to putting them on dvd, they had to leave most of the music segments out.
The revival from 2011 has the music videos "Mike Judge Collection volume 4". The classic ones Mike Judge Collection volumes 1-3" only have them as special features. The 90s VHS and DVDs don't have them. It's mainly because there's a lot of bands who can't take satirical commentary from cartoon characters. lol I love the music videos, they always crack me up. The ruder, the siller, the better. :smile: Plus whatever controversy Beavis and Butt-head got, MTV backed off quick which of course the team didn't like much (fire controversy, Winger controversy, etc). I'm a huge fan myself.

Anyway I thought that when The Muppets (2011) came out, the box sets would be out too, in order to help promote the movie kind of like when the new Steve Martin Pink Panther was coming to theaters, all the original Peter Sellers Pink Panther movies where re-released and in stores displayed. Plus also how The Muppet Christmas Carol and soon The Muppet Movie is being not only re-released but remastered to blu-ray yet we still haven't heard word from The Muppet Show. But like what was said before, it's mainly copyrighted music that needs to be cleared, and it's frustrating because there isn't much of a due date. Even if the due-date was 2 years into the future, I would at least be happy knowing it was on it's way.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
By the way, ToughPigs are ranting about the missing releases in their new article. lol How ironic is that?

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Hey guys, Head Admin Jason here from Open Vault Disney. The second petition you guys have been sharing on this thread came from my group. I first want to thank you guys for supporting it, it has done a lot better since Muppet Mindset started sharing it, but we still have a ways to go. I've been dealing with a number of different fan bases and people since Open Vault Disney has been up and running, and each seem to have different feelings when it comes to online petitions.

I want to say, our approach is to use everything at our disposal. So, while I feel online petitions do have some usefulness, especially on Change.org, it is not the most powerful tool in our shed. We just had a phone call event calling Disney Home Entertainment. I hope many of you joined us. That is actually our most powerful tool. After that would be letter writing. But, once again, our feeling is to use everything, so any and all help you guys can offer is great!

The last thing I wanted to mention was about the story on the Muppet Mindset. I have a source as well over at Disney Home Entertainment (who shall stay anonymous to protect the source's employment), and from what I have been told, DHE wants to release the last two seasons, but music rights issues have been the what is holding things up. This is speculation for now, but I would tend to agree that Season 4 stands a great chance at being released around the time of the next film. In fact, I tend to feel that if the next film is a hit like the last one was, we might start seeing more vintage Muppets on DVD, or at least it might be more likely.

That said, until it happens, it's not happing. So, we need to make sure Disney knows from time to time that there is a very active fan base that wants these titles yesterday. Thanks for all you guys do and I hope you join us on our next campaign activity.
I agree. It's very reassuring to hear that Disney is indeed still interested in releasing the entire Muppet Show series on DVD.

Could you also please reassure us that Disney Home Entertainment knows of our desires to release other vintage Muppet material on DVD as well (the complete Muppets Tonight series, Hey Cinderella, The Frog Prince, The Muppet Musicians of Bremen, etc.), at least after they finish releasing all the Muppet Show seasons?

Please keep us posted.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am watching the unofficial set, and it is strange that Brian Henson introduces the john Denver episode, so has it been on DVD before or video, and if it was cleared before, why are there issues now? All the remaining ones come from the Disney Channel, so once again, how come they screened and cant be released now.Are screening rights for DVD release different from TV screening?:confused:
Yes, that one's been on DVD, but all of Brian Henson's intros were recorded for reruns on The Odyssey Network in 1999.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I'm writing to the Walt Disney Company once a week by mail to help get the interest of the classic Muppets (The Muppet Show and Specials) onto DVD. Even iTunes, I'd love to get The Muppet Show episodes on my ipod, I already bought the movies for it. They just need to release Muppet Treasure Island, that's the movie that I'm missing on my ipod. (Well I don't have Muppets From Space on there either but that was just by choice.)