Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I was looking at the IMDb message boards just now, and... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0329737/board/thread/13615211
Maybe there's something wrong with my eyes, but I always thought Floyd was pink/purple, not orange.
I think I might have brought this up on here before. As I recall, this person made the same comment on the IMDB boards for MFS. I had assumed the person somehow got Floyd mixed up with Clifford, but now I'm not so sure what they're thinking.

This isn't exactly a "Muppet mistake", but it does irk me. There is a youtube user who likes to comment on Muppet videos with announcements of phony upcoming DVD releases. I've commented on his channel, asking him to stop. The reason is because a few people have actually started to believe him. I just don't want tons of people to be disappointed after learning the truth.:sigh:

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I think I might have brought this up on here before. As I recall, this person made the same comment on the IMDB boards for MFS. I had assumed the person somehow got Floyd mixed up with Clifford, but now I'm not so sure what they're thinking.

This isn't exactly a "Muppet mistake", but it does irk me. There is a youtube user who likes to comment on Muppet videos with announcements of phony upcoming DVD releases. I've commented on his channel, asking him to stop. The reason is because a few people have actually started to believe him. I just don't want tons of people to be disappointed after learning the truth.:sigh:
Still, Clifford has never been orange either. Or maybe they're talking about a completely different Muppet, one who's never been purple or orange. Who knows?

As for this Youtube user you mentioned, I always check IMDb (the actual site, not the message boards), Muppet Wiki or any other reliable source for information like that.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Still, Clifford has never been orange either. Or maybe they're talking about a completely different Muppet, one who's never been purple or orange. Who knows?

As for this Youtube user you mentioned, I always check IMDb (the actual site, not the message boards), Muppet Wiki or any other reliable source for information like that.
No no, my point was that I think the user may have mistakenly thought Floyd was orange, then saw Clifford in some of the later productions (where Floyd was underused). There are some similarities between the two. It's possible that the user simply mixed the two characters up.

As for the Youtube comment, yeah exactly, I rarely trust youtube comments. Then again, I wouldn't always trust the IMDB either. Muppet Wiki, Muppet Central, Tough Pigs, Muppet Mindset, etc. are probably the best places to get legit Muppet info.

Hubert

Reaction score
Starz's summary for The Muppets mentions a character by the name of Miss Piggie.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Calling the Muppet performers "voice actors".
Ob boy! That is very annoying! :sigh: I call those Muppet performers, "Muppeteers" ho'okay? Not only do they voice them, they give the puppets personality, depth, and in absolute great character.

There is no way I would call them, "voice actors." Ugh! Just the thought of it makes me so Angry. Auuuggghhh!

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Just been reading some muppet reviews and heard Miss Piggy being called Peggy :mad:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whenever people try to paint a picture of Jim as being like this saintly fellow who would NEVER allow ANY kind of language or violence or anything like enter the world of Muppets, and would roll over in his grave if anything like that happened today.

I mean, there's ALWAYS been violence in the Muppets, Jim loved physical comedy in puppetry, so you've got a lot of characters attacking other characters, characters blowing up other characters, characters EATING other characters, among other things; not to mention there's been some subtle use of language before (ala the "Happiness Hotel" song)... not Jim was a complete goody-two-shoes or anything.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Whenever people try to paint a picture of Jim as being like this saintly fellow who would NEVER allow ANY kind of language or violence or anything like enter the world of Muppets, and would roll over in his grave if anything like that happened today.

I mean, there's ALWAYS been violence in the Muppets, Jim loved physical comedy in puppetry, so you've got a lot of characters attacking other characters, characters blowing up other characters, characters EATING other characters, among other things; not to mention there's been some subtle use of language before (ala the "Happiness Hotel" song)... not Jim was a complete goody-two-shoes or anything.
Ah, yes. Reading comments on some of the Muppets "darker" videos are always fun.

- From the "Stand By Me" video
"My kids can't watch this!"
:rolleyes:

- A clip from the Alice Cooper episode of TMS
"OMG! Alice Cooper was on the Muppet Show (sometimes referred to as "Sesame Street" by other non-fans). This is NOT for kids!"
"This can't be the Muppet Show!"
"This isn't Sesame Street!"

And as an added bonus:
Ed Sullivan: And now, for the kiddies in our audience, Jim Henson's puppets are back...