Character Autographs?

Which performer would you want an autograph from?

• Jim Henson

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Frank Oz

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Jerry Nelson

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Richard Hunt

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Dave Goelz

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Caroll Spinney

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Kevin Clash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Whitmire

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Bill Barretta

• Other

• Total voters

Hayley B

Reaction score
I went with Frank Oz. For just having Animal on the brain. But a Jim Henson one, would had been very nice too.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
I would adore to see a Steve Whitmire autograph with his character, Lips. And one from the Electric Mayhem Members.
Anyone have one?

cjd874

Reaction score
I'd like an autograph from either Frank Oz or Caroll Spinney because they are the ones carrying on the SS puppeteer legacy. If I got Frank's autograph, it would be awesome if he could sign as Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Sam, and Animal, too. If I got Caroll's autograph, I hope he'd add Big Bird and Oscar's signatures as well.

But if all of these puppeteers were alive, first I'd go for Jim (without question), then Frank, Jerry, Caroll, Dave, Richard, Steve, Kevin, & Bill in that order.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Oh, a Jim Henson autograph no doubt. Especially since Jim wasn't alive in my lifetime to have an autograph from him would be splendid.

But still the highlight of all my Muppet items:

Yup.

cjd874

Reaction score
I have a picture signed by Steve and Lips. Steve was thrilled that anyone remembered the character AND knew his name.
Just putting this out there: I wonder how many Muppeteers were impressed by a fan's knowledge of their Muppet characters. Would Frank be floored if a fan mentioned Marvin Suggs or George the Janitor? Would Jerry have been impressed if someone mentioned Uncle Deadly or Louis Kazagger?
I never got anything signed by the Muppeteers, although I think I did see Peter Linz and Tyler Bunch perform some Whatnot-like puppets at the Tribeca Film Festival several years ago. But as a kid, I was shyer than Snuffy. So I blew that opportunity.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Just putting this out there: I wonder how many Muppeteers were impressed by a fan's knowledge of their Muppet characters. Would Frank be floored if a fan mentioned Marvin Suggs or George the Janitor? Would Jerry have been impressed if someone mentioned Uncle Deadly or Louis Kazagger?
I never got anything signed by the Muppeteers, although I think I did see Peter Linz and Tyler Bunch perform some Whatnot-like puppets at the Tribeca Film Festival several years ago. But as a kid, I was shyer than Snuffy. So I blew that opportunity.
When a friend of mine asked David Rudman to sign something as Boo, Rudman was happily surprised though pointed out that he wasn't even sure he ever signed anything as Boo. Though it seems like it's only the main performers who sign as their characters. When I met Louise Gold and Stephanie D'Abruzzo, they didn't sign as Annie Sue and Lulu or anything like that but Dave almost always autographs things as Gonzo as well as himself, Steve I'm sure uses Kermit as a default, Bill typically asks which character to sign as when someone asks him to, I just told him "surprise me" and he signed as Pepe, I'll guess that's a default for him too.

galagr

Reaction score
I have a picture signed by Steve and Lips. Steve was thrilled that anyone remembered the character AND knew his name.
Um, if you don't mind, could you show us? I've been DYING to see what Lip's signature looks like.