You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Or, notice how when it comes to grocery bags, plastic doesn't exist on TV, just paper; while conversely, you don't get paper bags at grocery stores, just plastic.
I think my local small store will give you paper bags if you ask for them, but they don't keep them visible with the plastic bags.

ncchuck

Reaction score
a store around here called aldi you can buy paper or plastic bags( they do not bag your stuff and bags cost extra)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What's even worse is that, in animation at least, because sandwiches with lettuce in it is the universal sign for sandwich, they will always have lettuce in them, even if they aren't sandwiches that require or even go with lettuce. Especially when they draw Peanut Butter sandwiches.

Really? Do you know of any examples? Because I don't ever remember seeing peanut butter sandwiches with lettuce. In Meet the Robinsons, for example, characters have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches the right way.

Though I thought it was weird when I saw the Sesame Street clip where Aristotle helps David make lunch, Aristotle had to make baloney sandwiches with lettuce. I haven't liked baloney since 1993, but I never thought baloney looked like something to have lettuce with.

I wonder if TV Tropes has a page for "lettuce and tomato on sandwiches". Or "paper bags over plastic". Or "yellow wedges of cheese with holes in them".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You ever notice that almost all of the major internet outlets seem to be located in California? Yahoo!, YouTube, FanFiction.Net, deviantART, TV Tropes, etc. You can almost tell a major website is out of California because the system time is set to Pacific.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Really? Do you know of any examples? Because I don't ever remember seeing peanut butter sandwiches with lettuce. In Meet the Robinsons, for example, characters have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches the right way.
There was one very specific example, but I forget exactly where I saw it. It's probably the animators fault on that one. But every time I see sandwich in animation specifically, they have that uniform white bread with lettuce in it. Rarely the olive poking out, but always with the lettuce.

Convincing John

Reaction score
But every time I see sandwich in animation specifically, they have that uniform white bread with lettuce in it. Rarely the olive poking out, but always with the lettuce.
This old segment gets the ingredients right...eventually. And they specifically say "No lettuce, no tomato." :smile:

When I was little, I always thought it was weird that they put the whole can of tuna between the slices of bread. :stick_out_tongue:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recently saw the DVD/Blu-Ray release of Peter Pan, and there's too different-sized boxes (in addition to the release which includes those and a digital copy). One is Blu-Ray sized, the other DVD sized, but otherwise they appear to have all the same bonus features, the packaging art is the same, they are the same price, and both contain the DVD as well as the Blu-Ray. What's the point of this? Is there some kind of believe that some people prefer to buy movies in the smaller Blu-Ray sized package while others prefer the bigger DVD sized packaging? Is it to make more money from super completists?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Because these studios and distributors like to screw with you, man. That's what they do. And you say you bought Peter Pan? Disney's one of the worst offenders of screwing you over when it comes to DVD and Blu-ray releases.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Involving books...

What's the deal with Arthur? The first Arthur book, "Arthur's Nose", is about Arthur wanting to change his nose because it's so big and everybody teases him about it. But then after a few books it's no longer big. The big-ness of his nose does get something to do in "Arthurs Eyes", as his nose gets in the way when he tries looking closer at the text of his books. I feel Arthur's Eyes should have come first (and I recently learned that that was adapted into the first episode of the series) and then the "Nose" book second, as it's the only one where he doesn't have glasses.

And the Berestain Bears books, what's the deal with Mama Bear in all the ones where she gets the family to stop their bad habits ("Berestain Bears and Too Much TV", "Berestain Bears Forget Their Manners", "Berestain Bears and Too Much Junk Food")? It seems she's perfect in these regards while the rest of the family isn't (especially Papa, who in each books tries at least once to sneakily go back to his old habits). In "Forget Their Manners" they should have had Mama accidentaly forget her manners at some point, showing that even those who choose to be polite can occasionally be rude.