Rumor: New Sesame Street Movie in the Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvfragglerock

Reaction score
I truely hope its not all CGI'd up:grouchy: I don't even want to see CGI backgrounds
Painted backdrops all the way!!:super:

Drtooth

Reaction score
CGI backdrops I have no problem with. The Muppets work well with them. Puppetry in general. I love how It's a Big Big World looked. Elmo the Musical has quite the atmosphere, and CGI backdrops make the segment come alive.

But I prefer this movie to have as minimal sound stage work, CGI or other, as possible and give the Muppet characters the outdoor on location film shoots that they deserve.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Agree to disagree.

I'm with iluvfragglerock, SST has come to rely on chromakey/blue or greenscreen WAY too heavily in recent years, it really takes away from the believability of the scene; I'm not talking about painted flats, but actual sets that are constructed, just simply having scenery superimposed behind a character looks and feels fake, but having them in an actual setting makes it more believable, more warm, more natural. I can understand for full-bodied puppetry, sure, but are they really THAT cheap and lazy to keep using blue and green screen as opposed to simply recycling and redressing sets? Heck, television used to do that ALL the time, you would see sets recycled from some shows and used again on other shows... Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie recycled and borrowed sets from each other all the time... heck, you look at I Dream of Jeannie, and look down the street Tony Nelson lives on, and at the end of the street, you see Samantha and Darrin's house from Bewitched. Even in The Muppets (2011), was it so hard for them to allow Scooter to be filmed leaving Google headquarters?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
No one can say that's not what Jim would've done; bluescreen was basically the main thing he did JHH for.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Chromakey hadn't become such a tool then as it has now, not to mention, Jim was known for trying all kinds of different methods and techniques; I'm not saying that he wouldn't rely on it often, but I don't think he would come to rely on it almost exclusively for everything like SST seems to these days.

Greenhoodie

Reaction score
Wonder what will happen with this now. We don't know how Elmocentric it was.

Bridget

Reaction score
I hope its as good as The Muppets, or even better!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I think this project is most certainly dead - or it'll be a long time before we see it. Since the announcement, Sesame has gone through some major transitions and I really doubt the team is really ready to do a theatrical film.

ncchuck

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I think this project is most certainly dead - or it'll be a long time before we see it. Since the announcement, Sesame has gone through some major transitions and I really doubt the team is really ready to do a theatrical film.
I agree I think they will have to refocus and concentrate more on the show .

Status
Not open for further replies.