Bits you'd like to see re-done for today's show

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Are there any segments you think they could remake for the show today? This Grover segment I can see them doing, since it would only require Eric and a scrim.

I also wouldn't mind seeing them do "Me Gotta Be Blue" again, since they have a lot more actual blue monster puppets, so they wouldn't need to slap blue fur on an AM or use a gray monster. They could even just re-use Frank's original vocals.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd love to see them redo some of the old Ernie and Bert skits. Just to make them HD and fit them on the show. I don't really know which ones I'd like to see specifically, though. The Pizza and Grape drink one has always been a favorite of mine.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You are aware that HD is a myth, right?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'd like to see them redo the segment where Ernie wants Bert to pretend to be angry. That was made before the puppet got an eyebrow mechanism, so whenever he got angry they had to cut tape so they could re-position his eyebrows. Doing it today, they would be able to move naturally.

I also kinda want to see HD remakes of Rubber Duckie, C is for Cookie, The Song of the Count, I Love Trash, and ABC-DEF-GHI, and maybe also Proud of Me and Doin' the Pigeon, so that those segments can be seen again. I don't think any of them have been on the show in years (even the late-1990s remakes of Rubber Duckie and C is for Cookie have been absent for a long time). Maybe for season 45, assuming they plan to celebrate that anniversary (many remakes came during seasons 25 and 30). And if they plan another anniversary release, they could include those new versions as opposed to the ones that have been on video many times (though there are still unreleased versions of some of those songs).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, there's a difference between always fine-tuning a previously final product and reshooting something for better quality and ensured re-airing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exactly. Sesame Street is the is the definition of Fleeting Demographic Rule. I don't see why they don't remake more old street stories (they did for a time), as the intended demographic wouldn't know the difference. That's what Doraemon does. It's been on since 1973, and they have been known to remake old storylines and even full movies. They just change the story a little, give it higher quality animation, and the little kids who are just watching it now think it's new.

I see no problem taking old Sesame Street skits and making new versions for younger audiences more consistent with the look of the show (widescreen/current puppet designs). It isn't exactly Lucasy, since Sesame Street doesn't exactly hide and refuse to release the classic versions of them. They're still there, mostly online and on DVD collections. We can always find our favorites. That stuff is for us. After all, Sesame Street wasn't showing the old stuff anyway. And that's mainly due to the HD/widescreen being an inconsistent look. Until ETM came about, the oldest thing on the show was usually Elmo's World.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I see no problem taking old Sesame Street skits and making new versions for younger audiences more consistent with the look of the show (widescreen/current puppet designs).
I see no problem showing kids the originals on DVD or online. :wink:

People act like it's so easy to recreate magic. It's not. That's why it's special.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I see no problem showing kids the originals on DVD or online. :wink:
People raise their kids differently.

Redoing skits to fit the consistency of show proper shouldn't sound like someone's paving over memories, since those memories are still being distributed by SW. I actually find the switch from widescreen to full frame when they do relatively older bits visually jarring and unappealing to look at. And as I said before, Between the Lions did a far superior job hiding it by adding CGI animated curtains open and close, and opening part way to cut out those big obvious black bars on the sides of the screen. If nothing else, that's something they should try.