Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Vincent L

Reaction score
If I were to make a tribute…well, you can probably imagine how it will turn out.

Hubert

Reaction score
In a way, I've often thought about trying my hand at tributes and videos, yet at the same time, knowing me, they'd never get finished.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Today, I was watching the "In Memoriam" segment during the end of Weekend Today and they didn't mention Jerry Nelson.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Here's a beautiful tribute picture LIFE Magazine released on the final page of "Farewell: Remember the Friends We Lost in 2012". Carroll Spinney did the illustration in this tribute and has incredible words written by the people at LIFE.

theSHE124

Reaction score
I've been hearing this in another thread of sorts. Thank you, Frackleman! :dreamy::sigh: Which reminds me, has Caroll's autobiography, "I Am Big Bird", been finished, or are they still working on it? :confused: It's been kinda vague on me...

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing, FrackleFan! I saw this while my mom and I were at the CVS store last month. I was gonna buy it and tell my mom that I want that LIFE magazine so bad. I even had cash. My mom said, "no," and I was crestfallen. Why didn't she understsand that I grew up with Jerry's characters? That is totally unfair.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I've been hearing this in another thread of sorts. Thank you, Frackleman! :dreamy::sigh: Which reminds me, has Caroll's autobiography, "I Am Big Bird", been finished, or are they still working on it? :confused: It's been kinda vague on me...
Maybe, "I Am Big Bird" is still in production but will see what Copper Pot Pictures has to say about it.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing, FrackleFan! I saw this while my mom and I were at the CVS store last month. I was gonna buy it and tell my mom that I want that LIFE magazine so bad. I even had cash. My mom said, "no," and I was crestfallen. Why didn't she understsand that I grew up with Jerry's characters? That is totally unfair.
Poor mom. I'm sorry that you didn't get that magazine. At least the picture was marvelous.

Hubert

Reaction score
Such a beautiful tribute drawing by Carroll. I like how rather than just focusing on the Count, the effort was made to showcase his other SST characters as well. And Carroll's letter that they put on their is great.

Once again, I'm a little saddened by the fact that they throw Snuffy's name around as if Jerry played him up to his death, when really he hasn't for years.

Things have been kind of quiet on it recently, I've been under the impression that they're still putting everything together and getting it ready.