Backstage Playset Instructions?

SwedishTech

Reaction score
FINALLY picked up a Backstage set. YAY!!! :smile:

Anyway, I was curious, since Palisades' site is long gone, did anyone save the instructions/pictures that they posted online? I mean, when/if I open the box, I'm sure I can figure it out, but it'd be nice to see the original instructions.

Thanks guys! :smile:

:hungry:

crazy chris

Reaction score
huge congratz!! it breaks my heart that they werent able to finish this line with more playsets...

but yeah its really easy to assemble... just the back and side walls need slid into place.... i would have a hard time opening it though... lol...

i used to deal exclusively in palisades on ebay back around 2002 -2005.... owned and traded about 2 dozen of these playsets over the years... and i definitely wouldnt open it... unless you truly plan on a nice lighted display with multiple figures.... and dont mind selling it at a loss later on...

cc

Hubert

Reaction score
Dunno if the original instructions are out there anywhere that they could be seen, but as crazy chris mentioned, it is pretty easy to figure out. Though I've always had the issue with mine that the pieces never stay together the right way and part of the wall always detaches itself.

SwedishTech

Reaction score
Thanks for the congrats!!! Oh yeah, it'd definately be the centerpiece of my Muppet collection, for sure! And I've got no intentions of selling either, so loss in value isn't important to me. I've got almost the whole Palisades line, all still MOC. I'll probably keep it that way for a while. Until I can properly display them all.

I'm very sure it's easy to put together (Otherwise, we'd have a lot of people on here with un-attached walls. Lol!), I just wanted to have it "complete" with instructions. I know, I'm strange. Haha.

huge congratz!! it breaks my heart that they werent able to finish this line with more playsets...

but yeah its really easy to assemble... just the back and side walls need slid into place.... i would have a hard time opening it though... lol...

i used to deal exclusively in palisades on ebay back around 2002 -2005.... owned and traded about 2 dozen of these playsets over the years... and i definitely wouldnt open it... unless you truly plan on a nice lighted display with multiple figures.... and dont mind selling it at a loss later on...
cc

That's awesome! Did you own a shop or something? And, did you ever get to keep a set for yourself?

Dunno if the original instructions are out there anywhere that they could be seen, but as crazy chris mentioned, it is pretty easy to figure out. Though I've always had the issue with mine that the pieces never stay together the right way and part of the wall always detaches itself.
Sorry to hear that about yours. Can you glue it down, or is it broken?

:hungry:

crazy chris

Reaction score
I just did it all from my apt at the time... bought sold and traded... it was great back then because as a new line would come out you could buy them by the case... i would have a case of any character you could think of just sittin in my office...lol...

i kept a set for a while from time to time.. but the temptation to sell always won... plus i knew i had a chance to get more... lol... ebay was so much better back then as well...

probably my best "flip" ever was around 2009... i had gotten back into a bit...and all the prices had gone way up from when i did it ....i spoke to a guy who had a huge boxed collection and needed rid of them... he sold me 2 Lips figures...mint on card....for $15 each.... i sold them for $150 each...lol

cc

Hubert

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that about yours. Can you glue it down, or is it broken?
I've tried some different things, there just seems to be too much tension between the parts when put together correctly. I just live with it, it really isn't anything terribly bad, just a little bit of a weird sight when displayed. :stick_out_tongue:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
My playset came with the green and brown wall (the one behind the desk and near the exit) detached. Was that supposed to be detached?

crazy chris

Reaction score
i dont think it is... did it go back into place easily? or did it seem broken?

cc

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, it fits back in well. It just keeps falling over. I'm sure a little glue can help.

crazy chris

Reaction score
Did it come like that in the packaging? or bought it loose?

cc