Backstage Playset Instructions?

crazy chris

Reaction score
Hmmmm... ive never seen one do that... its gotta be a bit frustrating im sure!

cc

Hubert

Reaction score
Mo, are you referring to the wall area underneath the 2nd floor balcony thing behind the desk, or something else in that area?

Hubert

Reaction score
While we're on the subject of different backstage parts, did anyone else get this random green pillar separate from everything else? I just have this very tall and random pillar that I haven't figured out where it is supposed to go or what it is supposed to be for.

That's the one.
Woah, that's really strange that it came like that. Mine came attached to the floor.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
While we're on the subject of different backstage parts, did anyone else get this random green pillar separate from everything else? I just have this very tall and random pillar that I haven't figured out where it is supposed to go or what it is supposed to be for.
The green pillar goes on the corner at the top of the stairs (in front of the ladder, and behind that little shelf where Gaffer sometimes sits). It fits right into the floor, and the little hook on the pillar is supposed to fit into the balcony wall.

Hubert

Reaction score
The green pillar goes on the corner at the top of the stairs (in front of the ladder, and behind that little shelf where Gaffer sometimes sits). It fits right into the floor, and the little hook on the pillar is supposed to fit into the balcony wall.
Ah, I see now. It fits perfectly. For some reason I never figured that out, I think I knew about the floor indentation there, but I never knew that the hook fit into a slot on the wall. And to think that all this time I've just had the pillar lying in the backstage as I tried to figure out where it went. :stick_out_tongue: Thanks for the help, Mo.

Hubert

Reaction score
On the subject of the pillar... apparently in our imaginations we were supposed to believe that there was an entire 2nd story of dressing rooms... but i never got that impression watching the show all those years...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111201165048/muppet/images/c/c0/Backstage_sketch.jpg

cc
Very interesting...where is that drawing from, exactly? And I wonder, was the second story of dressing rooms an abandoned concept or one that was to be implied in the show? I've often noticed characters seem to move the other way (right), implying that the backstage extended further off screen, but I can't recall much in the way of moving left.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Very interesting...where is that drawing from, exactly? And I wonder, was the second story of dressing rooms an abandoned concept or one that was to be implied in the show? I've often noticed characters seem to move the other way (right), implying that the backstage extended further off screen, but I can't recall much in the way of moving left.
It's a sketch for the backstage set used in TM.