Watched The Muppet Movie and noticing a lot of new stuff...

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Old WNEW TV promo. Interesting that the promo includes (a) footage straight from the theatrical trailer (and for once, doesn't sound like somebody put it in PAL format) and (b) includes an old ITC logo:
To be honest, I really loved the first movie. Not only was it a classic, it was also amazing even if there was breaking the fourth wall kind of stradegy the fans would see.

Thank you for finding clues of after it was suceessful, it would appear on televison many times before it came to a videocasette.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I'm trying to get a seating chart out of the theater scenes. Here's what I have so far. Any corrections, feel free to make 'em.

Front Row (l-r): Baskerville, Gonzo and Camilla, Fozzie, Bunsen, Chicken
Second Row (l-r): Pig, Miss Piggy, Link, Luncheon Counter Monster, Dr. Teeth, Crazy Harry.
Third Row (l-r): Sam, Scooter, Kermit and Robin, Janice, Floyd, Animal, Doglion (sitting on stairs).
Fourth Row: (l-r) Fletcher Bird (sitting on stairs), Nigel, Boppity/Blue Frackle, Lew (evidently standing in front of Boppity), Marvin Suggs, Beaker, Zoot, Waldorf, Statler, Mean Mama (sitting on stairs?).
Back: Rowlf (Did he stand during the entire screening? Same with Lew)
Projection booth: Swedish Chef
There's also another pig that appears behind Piggy in a few closeups. I'm not able to spot him in any group shots.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Forgive me if that was mentioned before, but something just now occured to me.

This movie was made at a time before cellphones ever existed: if this movie was made today, then it'd be really easy for Piggy's agent to get ahold of her, because all he would have to do is call her cell... how was it that her agent just happened to know the number where she and Kermit had been held hostage? Not only that, but Piggy also seems to imply that her agent knows the number of wherever it is she just happens to be at any given moment. Talk about contrived coincidences.

Beauregard

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Miss Piggy tells Kermit that she made a few itsy bitsy phone calls, and the agent is calling back. It's supposed to show her more selfish side, as its her fault the agent called really.

Edit: Wait, no, that's the restaurant...I've no idea how the agent called the place they were held hostage. Muppincidence?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Miss Piggy tells Kermit that she made a few itsy bitsy phone calls, and the agent is calling back. It's supposed to show her more selfish side, as its her fault the agent called really.

Edit: Wait, no, that's the restaurant...I've no idea how the agent called the place they were held hostage. Muppincidence?
Yeah it was a valiant try, Beau, but the Muppets aren't going to let us be logical, hehe.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I remember Miss Piggy's agent. BERNIE Brilliantine. lol I loved that inside gag.

Miss Piggy: Yeah Bernie what do you got? How much? Keep it!
So wasn't the point to those scenes basically showing that Miss Piggy is a bit of a con-artist and she doesn't want Kermit to know?
I loved the moment where Kermit was depressed talking to Rowlf playing piano and chatting about how he got dumped. It's got this Casablanca feel to it.
What was really great in The Muppet Movie as well as The Great Muppet Caper was it spoofed the typical genre of film.
Mel Brooks was absolutely hysterical, and wasn't Doc Hoppers thugs in the scene where Miss Piggy beats them up, wasn't Frank Oz one of them in one shot? I remember hearing that one of the thugs in the target shooting scene was someone from behind the scenes like a camera person or workshop personnel or Muppeteer.
I found out recently that the director of The Muppet Movie was the bartender in the El Slezzo Cafe. I noticed a pattern that most of the Muppet Movies except for Muppet Christmas Carol, Miss Piggy has an action fight scene.

• The Muppet Movie: Miss Piggy goes big eyed and beats up Doc Hopper's thugs and Mel Brooks as the Mad Scientist "A Pig that goes Bananas? What is this a Luau?"

• The Great Muppet Caper: Miss Piggy drives her motorcycle through the Gallery window and beats up Nicky Holiday and the 3 female criminals."Well, you wanted excitement."

• Muppets Take Manhattan: She chases a guy that steels her purse on roller blades in the New York Park

• Muppet Treasure Island: "That's it, No more Miss nice guy" beats up pirates and kisses one to knock them out. Then of course Kermit takes over with his famous sword fighting scene (I love that scene :smile: )

• Muppets From Space: Not as good as the others just to put it.

• It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie: Japanese Action Kung Fu parody

• The Muppets (2011) Kidnapping Jack Black (I was cracking up when I seen that, and I'm not a Jack Black fan so there you go :smile: )

Though the first two I like the best. Take that Granny Wrestler from Season 2. lol

Anyway, I hope when the Blu-ray comes out that no only the deleted scenes and film test would be in there but also the "Dragonfly drink" line which Kermit orders from the cafe would be included. I remember reading a review on Amazon that the line got edited out for some reason.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Anyway, I hope when the Blu-ray comes out that no only the deleted scenes and film test would be in there but also the "Dragonfly drink" line which Kermit orders from the cafe would be included. I remember reading a review on Amazon that the line got edited out for some reason.
I don't know, I kind of doubt that was ever in the film. Maybe somebody just thought they saw a version of the film with that line. Either way, it's not likely that Disney would include much of anything big in regards to bonus features for this movie. If that were the case, we would have had all of those extended scenes from the UK version on DVD by now.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Doc Hoppers thugs in the scene where Miss Piggy beats them up, wasn't Frank Oz one of them in one shot? I remember hearing that one of the thugs in the target shooting scene was someone from behind the scenes like a camera person or workshop personnel or Muppeteer.
In the El Sleezo cafe just as the fight breaks out Frank Oz can be seen grabbing Fozzie If that's what your talking about

mupcollector1

Reaction score
In the El Sleezo cafe just as the fight breaks out Frank Oz can be seen grabbing Fozzie If that's what your talking about
I remember that scene. Wasn't Jim in that scene too?
What I was mentioning was the Miss Piggy fight scene where the thugs huddle together (I can hear Frank's voice but I don't know if he was also one of the Thugs) where Miss Piggy says "Oh boys?" they look up and she lands on top of them.

I was trying to look one up on Muppet wiki but couldn't find it. Wasn't Jim playing one of the Thugs in the target practice scene, the scene where they were shooting this cardboard cutout (not sure if Jim drew that himself, it looks a little bit in Jim's original drawing style) and where the Frog Killer comes in. I remember reading that Jim was one of the thugs only in that scene.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I remember that scene. Wasn't Jim in that scene too?
What I was mentioning was the Miss Piggy fight scene where the thugs huddle together (I can hear Frank's voice but I don't know if he was also one of the Thugs) where Miss Piggy says "Oh boys?" they look up and she lands on top of them.

I was trying to look one up on Muppet wiki but couldn't find it. Wasn't Jim playing one of the Thugs in the target practice scene, the scene where they were shooting this cardboard cutout (not sure if Jim drew that himself, it looks a little bit in Jim's original drawing style) and where the Frog Killer comes in. I remember reading that Jim was one of the thugs only in that scene.
Yeah, Jim's and Frank's voices can be heard as the thugs, but those were dubbed in later on. I don't think they actually played the thugs. And Jim wasn't in the El Sleazo scene, either. You're probably thinking of Jim Frawley, the director. He's the wisecracking waitor.