Watched The Muppet Movie and noticing a lot of new stuff...

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Yeah, Jim's and Frank's voices can be heard as the thugs, but those were dubbed in later on. I don't think they actually played the thugs. And Jim wasn't in the El Sleazo scene, either. You're probably thinking of Jim Frawley, the director. He's the wisecracking waitor.
Yeah, I remember reading about that but also someone in the target practice scene.

dwmckim

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Miss Piggy tells Kermit that she made a few itsy bitsy phone calls, and the agent is calling back. It's supposed to show her more selfish side, as its her fault the agent called really.

Edit: Wait, no, that's the restaurant...I've no idea how the agent called the place they were held hostage. Muppincidence?
<Ring>
Steve Martin's Waiter: "Yelllllo. Who? Miss Piggy? Blond hair, blue eyes, piggy ears? She left already. You can reach her at the local evil henchmen lair; do you need the number?"

Beauregard

Reaction score
I pretty much always assumed they were not very far from the hotel anyway, like, in a shed out the back.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
<Ring>
Steve Martin's Waiter: "Yelllllo. Who? Miss Piggy? Blond hair, blue eyes, piggy ears? She left already. You can reach her at the local evil henchmen lair; do you need the number?"
HA HA HA, I didn't catch that joke before. That's awesome.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
That wasn't in the movie. Dw was kidding.
Really? It sounded familiar. Though I thought there was a scene where Steve Martin said something on the phone long after Kermit and Miss Piggy left the restaurant. If it wasn't in the film, I'd like to compliment DW on the writing of it. Very well written. :smile:

Detritusarisen

Reaction score
I swear the grasshopper line is in the movie
It goes like this right
"Evening, you look like you could use a drink"
"Yeah I'd like a grasshopper please"
"Hey can we have a grasshopper for the frog"
Not that big of a deal don't see why it would be cut from releases. I guess it made it through to the TriStar DVD? That's the only DVD release of TMM I've had.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I swear the grasshopper line is in the movie
It goes like this right
"Evening, you look like you could use a drink"
"Yeah I'd like a grasshopper please"
"Hey can we have a grasshopper for the frog"
Not that big of a deal don't see why it would be cut from releases. I guess it made it through to the TriStar DVD? That's the only DVD release of TMM I've had.
I think it may have been on the soundtrack LP?