You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Though I thought it was weird when I saw the Sesame Street clip where Aristotle helps David make lunch, Aristotle had to make baloney sandwiches with lettuce. I haven't liked baloney since 1993, but I never thought baloney looked like something to have lettuce with.
I've had baloney with lettuce plenty of times. Well not just baloney and lettuce but also cheese, tomatoes, mayo, etc.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In Back to the Future, a preservation society collects money because the mayor wants to replace the clock in the clock tower while the preservation society thinks it's important enough to keep. But what do they need the money for? What if the mayor doesn't accept the money (or uses it to replace the clock tower)? Are they collecting the money to bribe the mayor into keeping the old clock?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I try not to think hard about those things when it comes to movies.
The only point that they even got that lady to come to Marty is to get that clock into the story (and it plays a key point in the story-plot). I doubt they actually thought up a reason why they would actually need money. *shrugs*

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe they should have just asked Marty to sign a petition to keep it, as opposed to asking for money.

And in 2015 he's once again asked for money to save the clock tower.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Considering the nature of this thread, I believe I've found something of a plot hole in an episode of Seinfeld.

In "The Mom and Pop Store", Kramer is upset that Mom and Pop's Store is possibly going out of business, and that their location may be turned into a gourmet coffee or cookie shop.

Kramer tries to help them stay in business by bringing in all of Jerry's sneakers to be cleaned, which both Mom and Pop praise Kramer for his help in keeping them in business. Later, Kramer points out all the lose wires sticking out of their ceiling, and when they call the electrician, he tells them they have to fix the problem, or he'll have to report them, and they could be shut down for building code violations. Mom and Pop then rant about Kramer pointing it out, and blame him for putting them out of business. Then, when they do, Kramer seems surprised that they would close and disappear after 48 years of business.

So... it's like they forgot all the business suffering and possibly having to close to make way for a coffee/cookie shop, and all of the sudden, Kramer was the one who drove them out of business for simply pointing out safety hazzards. So, what's that all about?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ditto with the episode "The Voice", after Kramer and his intern Darrin drop that giant rubber ball of oil on Jerry's Girl Of The Week, how come in the end, Darrin went to jail, and not Kramer?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A few more things about certain movies...

In Grown Ups, among those at the funeral of the coach are those who were on the team they had beaten in school. Why would they be at his funeral? They were a rival team/school, and if they were on a rival team. they wouldn't have gone to the same school and likely wouldn't have know the coach very well (unless any of them had attended that school at one point but went to a different school during that particular game). It's especially odd considering how disrespectful they seem, not to mention them still holding a grudge over losing because the leader believes Adam Sandler's character had stepped slightly over the line when making the winning shot.

I've talked about this in another thread, and had kinda got an answer, but am still puzzled... Throughout Ferris Beuller's Day Out, Jeanie tries to expose Ferris for skipping school, she eventually finds out somebody is in the house (unaware that it's Mr. Rooney), and calls the police, only to be arrested because Rooney had left by the time the police came. After going home, she sees Ferris walking by and tries to beat him home, even getting a ticket in the process... And yet when Rooney catches Ferris, she saves him, telling Mr. Rooney that he had walked home from the hospital in his condition, and then points out he left his wallet in the house and threw it. Somebody pointed out that in the commentary it's a case of "I can mess with my brother but you can't", but the principal wasn't messing with him, he was trying to catch him, Jeanie had wanted him to get caught as well, and more importantly, she had drove past the speed limit and got a ticket because she wanted him caught.

Also, she should have shown the wallet to her parents and the police so they'd know it wasn't a prank call. And what's with Mr. Rooney's reaction when she points out to him that he left his wallet? And she throws it and we hear a mean dog... What???

In A Christmas Carol, is the audience supposed to wonder why Scrooge isn't there in the future, or to suspect the dead person everybody is talking about is Scrooge? For years I thought they were talking about Tiny Tim, and in fact for a year after seeing The Muppet Christmas Carol (I'd seen a few other versions before but didn't really remember much) I didn't realize they were time traveling and was confused by Scrooge's name being on his tomb stone when he was obviously alive. And after he redeems himself, does he still die by the time of the future they traveled to, which couldn't be too many years into the future (as Tiny Tim's siblings don't look older, not do any of the Cratchets)?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Frank Oz has stated a couple of times that the original ending to Little Shop of Horrors is more acceptable in the play than the movie because the actors do a curtain call, but how does a curtain call make it acceptable? The characters are still dead while the actors are alive. The actors in the movie version continued to live after it was made.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Somebody pointed out that in the commentary it's a case of "I can mess with my brother but you can't", but the principal wasn't messing with him, he was trying to catch him
Well it's the same thing. It's fine if she gets to be the one to get Ferris in trouble with their parents. That keeps it in the family. But she wasn't going to get an outsider pick on her brother.

In A Christmas Carol, is the audience supposed to wonder why Scrooge isn't there in the future, or to suspect the dead person everybody is talking about is Scrooge?
I feel like we're supposed to know they're all talking about Scrooge.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Frank Oz has stated a couple of times that the original ending to Little Shop of Horrors is more acceptable in the play than the movie because the actors do a curtain call, but how does a curtain call make it acceptable? The characters are still dead while the actors are alive. The actors in the movie version continued to live after it was made.
Well there's no logic to it, audience are just often reassured when they get to see the characters again at the end alive and happy, even if they're technically the actors taking their bows.