The Missing Link Hogthrob

cjd874

Reaction score
Link is indeed underappreciated, since he was never a star like Kermit or Fozzie. I hope he has a greater role in the upcoming movie. Maybe the Muppets will film a new Pigs in Space segment for the movie: I could see Eric Jacobson as First Mate Piggy, Steve Whitmire as Link Hogthrob, and possibly Matt Vogel as Dr. Strangepork.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Link is indeed underappreciated, since he was never a star like Kermit or Fozzie. I hope he has a greater role in the upcoming movie. Maybe the Muppets will film a new Pigs in Space segment for the movie: I could see Eric Jacobson as First Mate Piggy, Steve Whitmire as Link Hogthrob, and possibly Matt Vogel as Dr. Strangepork.
that would be pretty cool and i could see that happening :smile:

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
New Link images to share with you dears~! <3

This was found in a Muppet Doodle Book I spotted at Barnes and Noble a few months ago.

Typical Link is typical...

Taken from the book For the Love of Miss Piggy. Written by Martha T. Ottersley and illustrated by Amy Mebberson.

Courtesy of Amazon.com

LinkLady77

Reaction score
I love the pics from the Muppet Doodle book! It's nice to see Link included in a recent Muppet book...sigh! The above pic was from Ebay...it makes me smile to see Jane Henson holding Link! I'm sad to hear of her recent passing. I can't wait to see Muppets...Again when it hits theaters. I read on the Tough Pigs website that Louise Gold will be performing Annie Sue in the upcoming movie! I almost fell off my chair in shock...I would love to see Annie Sue again. It's great to see this thread still going, Link would be proud!

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
I love the pics from the Muppet Doodle book! It's nice to see Link included in a recent Muppet book...sigh! The above pic was from Ebay...it makes me smile to see Jane Henson holding Link! I'm sad to hear of her recent passing. I can't wait to see Muppets...Again when it hits theaters. I read on the Tough Pigs website that Louise Gold will be performing Annie Sue in the upcoming movie! I almost fell off my chair in shock...I would love to see Annie Sue again. It's great to see this thread still going, Link would be proud!
Aww, shucks...you're making me blush~! <3 =w=

Eep~! I'm just giddy with thrills~! More Muppets; more Gold; more pigs~! <3

I heard about her heartbreaking passing, too. :cry: Words can't describe how sorely she will be missed. </3

Not sure if this photo was already posted on this thread of not, but this will delicately be posted for Jane Henson's honor:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Link has become one of my fav Muppets. I hope he has a larger role in Muppets... Again! I have the Sideshow Weta Link Hogthrob bust in my curio cabinet.

snichols1973

Reaction score
It seems as though they had a Muppeteer performing Link's torso part, but the specially designed arms and legs didn't have any limb operators in order for Peter Sellers to
"stretch the limits" of flexibility, so to speak, and one can only wonder if any other Muppet would be feeling major limb cramps and excruciating pain after such an experience.....

Peter Sellers Muppet Show Episode - YouTube

This song really suits Link to a T; I wonder what it would have been like if Carly Simon and Link Hogthrob had performed a duet version of "You're So Vain"......

The Muppet Show - It's Hard To Be Humble - YouTube

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I'd love to see more Link. He was really funny. One moment he appears to be this charming lady's man kind of a captain, the next he's sucking his thumb wanting his mommy. :smile: One of my all time favorite moments is when Link is drawing a map of where the Swinetrek is and Miss Piggy asks "Link, what's that in the corner?" and he replies "Oh that's a ducky." HA HA HA! And there was an episode where Fozzie was responsible for keeping an eye on The Muppet Show theater for Kermit and it was fire so he has Rowlf, The Swedish Chef and Link (3 of Jim's characters in the background, how rare and cool is that) where passing around buckets of water to put it out. And I think Fozzie yells at Link "WILL YOU STOP CRYING?". And I think Link cried in another episode where a bunch of the characters were reading this superhero manual learning how to fly and feel off this ladder. Link punches Scooter I think but he ends up crying out "MOMMY!" I've always admired Link for being a wimp which he tries so hard to hide, plus I think he had a secret crush on Miss Piggy. Of course she doesn't like him at all. There's a blooper from The Muppets Go To Disney World where she says "Looks like we got Wart Brain over here.". Steve performs Link now right? Seems like after Jim's passing even though Link had a replacement Muppeteer, Link continued being a silent character. Even in Muppet Treasure Island where he successfully hits a gong (Unlike his attempt at it in The Muppets Go To The Movies, another one of my favorite Link Moments). Sure he got to sing a bit of barbershop in The Muppets (2011) and got a bit of a speaking part in the Muppet Race Mania playstation game. Call me old fashioned, but I'd love to see the classic Muppet comedy come back. The slapstick, the bad puns, the fast pace gags, monsters, explosions and in this case more funny Link moments.

snichols1973

Reaction score
I'd love to see more Link. He was really funny. One moment he appears to be this charming lady's man kind of a captain, the next he's sucking his thumb wanting his mommy. :smile: One of my all time favorite moments is when Link is drawing a map of where the Swinetrek is and Miss Piggy asks "Link, what's that in the corner?" and he replies "Oh that's a ducky." HA HA HA! And there was an episode where Fozzie was responsible for keeping an eye on The Muppet Show theater for Kermit and it was fire so he has Rowlf, The Swedish Chef and Link (3 of Jim's characters in the background, how rare and cool is that) where passing around buckets of water to put it out. And I think Fozzie yells at Link "WILL YOU STOP CRYING?". And I think Link cried in another episode where a bunch of the characters were reading this superhero manual learning how to fly and feel off this ladder. Link punches Scooter I think but he ends up crying out "MOMMY!" I've always admired Link for being a wimp which he tries so hard to hide, plus I think he had a secret crush on Miss Piggy. Of course she doesn't like him at all. There's a blooper from The Muppets Go To Disney World where she says "Looks like we got Wart Brain over here.". Steve performs Link now right? Seems like after Jim's passing even though Link had a replacement Muppeteer, Link continued being a silent character. Even in Muppet Treasure Island where he successfully hits a gong (Unlike his attempt at it in The Muppets Go To The Movies, another one of my favorite Link Moments). Sure he got to sing a bit of barbershop in The Muppets (2011) and got a bit of a speaking part in the Muppet Race Mania playstation game. Call me old fashioned, but I'd love to see the classic Muppet comedy come back. The slapstick, the bad puns, the fast pace gags, monsters, explosions and in this case more funny Link moments.

I know it seems a bit odd, but given all the films in which Link Hogthrob has starred, he seems to have more lines in TM as compared to the other movies (in contrast to the Muppets' TV specials) in which he's featured as a background character with few or no lines....