Coming Soon: "The Jim Henson Collection" DVD

MuppetDanny

Reaction score

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Amazon page doesn't say what company's releasing it. If it was being released by Sony I could see it as a multi-pack of The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Mirror Mask. Or if it's from Sony it could include The Storyteller and/or maybe also The Muppets Take Manhattan (since Henson did work on that and Sony own the rights).

Or maybe it's being released by that company that's taken over the Fraggle Rock video rights (can't remember the spelling offhand). I'm not sure if that company has the rights to other family properties from the company, but it'd be great if it were a little of each Henson childrens series. Maybe an episode each of Fraggle Rock, Animal Show, Ghost of Faffner Hall, Mother Goose Stories, and Secret Life of Toys.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd kind of like to have some more details (or just details in general) to get a better of idea of what kind of release this would potentially be.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Considering it's only $10, I can't imagine it being anything too spectacular.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Back when Hit had the Jim Henson license, I saw that Hit! put out a few DVDs of multiple kids shows (no Henson stuff, though) and thought it would be great if there'd be a disc of multiple Henson productions, some of the best-known stuff (mainly Fraggle Rock, maybe Animal Show) and some lesser-known unlikely-to-be-released-otherwise shows, and maybe even some rare specials or made-for-video productions like Peek-a-Boo and Billy Bunny's Animal Songs. It would be great if that was this, but we don't know until more details come out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They don't even list the company that's putting this out, so we don't even have a clue what it could be.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Here's a listing for it on DVD Planet. Not much more information, sadly - a UPC code. (883476093239) and a note saying that it's a release from HENSON ( HNSN ). (I'm guessing that's The Jim Henson Company) It also notes that this is a one-disc release.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
$8.34? One disc? Yeah, I'm starting to doubt this release will really be worth anyone's while.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
While I doubt it, it'd be great if this were released by Disney (which would mean a new Muppet release) or Warner Bros. (which would mean a Sesame Street release. I wonder if Warner would release Follow That Bird and Witches together).