The Muppets to appear on "Good Luck Charlie" April 28, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Muppets being part of people's fantasies has been a sitcom thing for a while now, so I'm for that. The show's not the best, but a new song should be good I suppose.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Inevitably, someone is going to complain about this...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exposure is exposure... what can you do? Sad that it's the only major appearance noted until the film, and I don't see why they didn't wait a year to help promote said film.

But I must say... Marvel Super Heroes get to team up with Phineas and Ferb, the Muppets get stuck with one of Disney's unimaginative tweencoms. Talk about discrepancy. At least Piggy was on a Phineas and Ferb talk show spot.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm going to be the one complaining about it. But..not too much. I have to see it first.

I really, really hope it's good. Mostly becuase of the fact that literally like, everyone in my school is watching Good Luck Charlie, if the appearance isn't funny, I won't see the end of it.

But I predict now that it won't be good. I see the Muppets in these appearances before. They're never good for some reason. They seem to go back to their 2007 stage when it comes to this.
This is exactly what we hated about 2005-2010. We didn't want them on Disney Channel!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
While I can't say if it will be good or not, I think the problem is that they aren't really sure how to have the characters interact with each other, and everything seems a bit forced.

But as DrT said, exposure is exposure. and I like said regarding Studio DC, if just one person comes away from the exposure wanting more and explores the Muppets more, then great. What's the big deal? These appearances are NOT for muppet fans. And I don't understand why people don't seem to get that. No, it's not an excuse to have a bad performance, but of course it's going to be dumbed down for people who don't know who they are.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Good Luck Charlie... I'll give it this. At least it isn't Good Luck Chuck!

UGH! Dane Cook making fun of fat women? Is there any way that wouldn't bomb?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Here's the offical episode description:

Season four of Disney Channel’s hit family comedy “Good Luck Charlie” premieres Sunday, April 28 with a special performance by Disney’s The Muppets. Guest stars Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear and Animal join series stars Bridgit Mendler and Leigh-Allyn Baker to perform a show-stopping, Muppet-ational original song.
In the premiere episode, the Duncan Family decides to build their dream house after the family home is devastated by termites. Everyone, with the exception of Charlie, is excited at the prospect of a new and larger home. However, Teddy has a change of heart after a dream in which Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear and Animal convince her that the old family home is really the house of her dreams. The episode’s original song “Dream House” is written by Grammy and Emmy-award winning Adam Schlesinger (“That Thing You Do,” “Fountains of Wayne,” “Tony Awards”) and produced by Schlesinger and Steven M. Gold (“Saturday Night Live,” “The Colbert Report”).​

Status
Not open for further replies.