More Non-Muppet-Shaped Muppet Toys

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Well it appears that these are not official product. Reportedly, the company believes the unique, handmade nature of the toy negates the need for Disney authorization. I don't understand that. I'm a commercial artist myself and also managed a collectibles toy store for three years and still don't understand how this sort of thing flies under the radar. Still, I've sold such items through the shop.

If they can get away with it, more power to them. More Muppets is always a good thing. I just want to make it clear to anyone considering these that this is not official Disney merchandise.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's what I've been saying all along. Fozzie looks too Season 1, and that goes against the grain of style guide enforcement. There have to be some great stories about Palisades clashing with those. I recall them getting absolutely hammered by complaints that Inspector Clouseau looked like the movie title animated form and not that "The Inspector" likeness as a result. I applaud these as an effort, but they look so incredibly homemade. Even well sculpted toys are far more polished and smooth. Like I said, the craft is where the money goes, and why it's a high priced item. I am at a loss why Disney doesn't go for something similar, but less obviously Munny shaped, and not for the Mickey shaped figures or that really ugly expensive Melted Kermit thing.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
That's what I've been saying all along. Fozzie looks too Season 1, and that goes against the grain of style guide enforcement. There have to be some great stories about Palisades clashing with those. I recall them getting absolutely hammered by complaints that Inspector Clouseau looked like the movie title animated form and not that "The Inspector" likeness as a result. I applaud these as an effort, but they look so incredibly homemade. Even well sculpted toys are far more polished and smooth. Like I said, the craft is where the money goes, and why it's a high priced item. I am at a loss why Disney doesn't go for something similar, but less obviously Munny shaped, and not for the Mickey shaped figures or that really ugly expensive Melted Kermit thing.
I don't see anything season one about Fozzie and these all follow the style guides closely enough. In fact, they kind of follow the texture and coloring of Sideshow's Bust models. I first thought these were prototypes. All things considered, I'd rather commission or create an original Muppet vinyl. Still, these are fun.

Disney was going to create Kermit-shaped vinyl toys years ago, but it never went forward. And I like the Kermit Popcorn. It's cute. So was the first Vinylmation Kermit offering before they lost their way. I think they could do something better and more interesting than all of this.

los

Reaction score
Slap a collar on that salamander :winks at Jamie

muppetperson

Reaction score
These figures(which arent official Muppet product) are now on line for sale.There is also an option to buy all 18 for $600.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dude... they're custom Munnies. Why else do you think Kermit's head is so wide?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
They are 3 inches, which I missed when reading it the first time, so they aren't any smaller...