New Mickey Mouse Shorts Announced

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heh. I rather liked that one. We're looking at some real potential to be a spiritual successor to Mouseworks/House of Mouse shorts. THIS is what I wanted them to do all along. Love the special character redesigns here.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Now this is Mickey and Co. as they should be, rather than just a bunch of preschool mascots. I like the idea of the characters in different parts of the world and even speaking the native language of that area, the latter of which I hope continues with the other shorts.

The animation, while done in Flash, is also really impressive, retaining the stretchy rubber hose limb style of the 1930s shorts.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Shoot. I can't watch it since it's only avaliable to the U.S. :sigh:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now this is Mickey and Co. as they should be, rather than just a bunch of preschool mascots.
The truth has been spoken. Yeah, I'm glad that dumb preschool show got Mickey and Co back into the spotlight... even giving Pete and Ludwig VonDrake merchandising. But the characters are simply wasted on a Dora-esque show. Especially since that was the only other animated appearance of Super Goof.

And this definitely looks like something from an ex-Dexter's Lab animator. And proof Flash animation doesn't mean abusive overuse of motion tweens.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I was able to watch it on Youtube, only in French though, luckily, being Canadian, I understood most of it. You didn't need the words to watch to understand this one.

Now, this is the kind of Mickey & Co. things I want to see! It feels like those old classic Mickey cartoons! I like the style of it too, instead of the regular lame CGI animation that we constantly see.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Wow, great animation with such restricting resources!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was able to watch it on Youtube, only in French though, luckily, being Canadian, I understood most of it. You didn't need the words to watch to understand this one.

I really hope that doesn't backfire on them, because the fact they're American characters speaking unsubtitled French is part of this cartoon's charm. I especially like that Tress MacNeil (Daisy) is the only one to have a proper French accent. Same as that weird "Buttons and the Red Balloon" skit from Animaniacs (she was Mindy's Mom).

I hope to see Donald and Goofy get cameos in shorts to come.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
And this definitely looks like something from an ex-Dexter's Lab animator.
Well, they were done by Paul Rudish, who previously worked on Dexter's Lab and The Powerpuff Girls (both of those shows had a lot of the same animators, writers, directors, etc.).

Anyway, I like this short too and look forward to the others.

I can't help but wonder if part of the reason why they put the short's dialogue in French without subtitles was to try and give it a bit of a foreign film feeling. I can easily see that being the trend for the other 18 shorts in this series (such as the one in Tokyo having the characters speak Japanese, the one in Venice being in Italian, etc.).

I would also love to see cameos by other classic characters like Oswald, Clarabelle, Horace, etc. in these new shorts as well as surprise cameos by other feature film characters (in the vein of the Cinderella & Prince Charming cameo in the first short).