What is your favorite Sid and Marty Krofft shows?

Collgoff

Reaction score
:excited: You mean before Jmmy became an old man and she became really board?
I kind of did!

Collgoff

Reaction score
Oh good!
You know they never did an episode when Jimmy and Freddie finally leave Living island.
But we can inmahine when Jimmy and Freddie can finally Leave living island.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
One more favorite to add to my list...

Sigmund and the Sea Monsters.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One problem I kind of have with the Kroffts right now is, apparently, they're both a couple of big lying lie-faced liars, that I don't even know what to believe of what they say anymore.

Examples:
In an interview on YT that was taped in 2000, Marty mentions, at one point, that he and Sid used to send Brian Epstein a 16mm print of H.R. PUFNSTUF to him in London every week because The Beatles wanted to watch the show... Epstein died in 1967, and H.R. PUFNSTUF didn't even start till 1969.

Both Sid and Marty revealed a few years ago that they didn't come from a family of puppeteers like they claimed to have for so many years, and that their father was, in fact, a clock salesman and not a puppeteer, that the story was made up by a publicist of theirs because he/she/whoever thought it made them sound more interesting to the public.

Also, for years, they had insisted that the name "Pufnstuf" was derived from a combination of "Puff the Magic Dragon" and "all this other stuff that would be happening", thus, "Pufnstuf"... but NOW, after all these years, Marty has FINALLY admitted that yes, "Pufnstuf" came from the slang term for marijuana - "Puffin' stuff".

So yeah, I really don't know what of they say to believe anymore at this point, because I'm not sure what they're saying are made up lies.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I always thought the Pufnstuf movie was pretty decent. (Sometime back, word had it that the Kroffts were planning a remake. I hope they have the good sense NOT to!) But just like with the tv show, we never get to see if Jimmy and Freddie ever make it back home. Jimmy might've been happy grooving with his newfound friends on Living Island, but it would be nice to drop the folks a postcard- just so they don't worry.

Another thing about the "villains" in the first three Krofft shows- Witchiepoo, Benita, and Hoo-Doo. They weren't really evil. They all just wanted something they couldn't get their hands on, and they were all surrounded with incompetent goons who fouled up most of their plans. And in spite of their flaws, and their intentions to give the "goody-goodies" a hard time, there's something likable about them. Charles Nelson Reilly at his campy best.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Supposedly, the last I heard, a new LIDSVILLE movie, H.R. PUFNSTUF movie, AND a new SIGMUND AND THE SEA MONSTERS movie were all in the works... the LIDSVILLE movie is apparently a co-production between the Kroffts and DreamWorks with Conrad Vernon directing, another movie is supposedly a Sony project, I don't know.

They seemed to have learned their lesson from that terrible LAND OF THE LOST remake, I believe if they try any new remakes in the years to come, they're definitely going to stay truer to the source material.

But... kill me now, apparently among those the Kroffts were considering for the role of Jimmy? Justin Bieber.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I always thought the Pufnstuf movie was pretty decent. (Sometime back, word had it that the Kroffts were planning a remake. I hope they have the good sense NOT to!) But just like with the tv show, we never get to see if Jimmy and Freddie ever make it back home. Jimmy might've been happy grooving with his newfound friends on Living Island, but it would be nice to drop the folks a postcard- just so they don't worry.

Another thing about the "villains" in the first three Krofft shows- Witchiepoo, Benita, and Hoo-Doo. They weren't really evil. They all just wanted something they couldn't get their hands on, and they were all surrounded with incompetent goons who fouled up most of their plans. And in spite of their flaws, and their intentions to give the "goody-goodies" a hard time, there's something likable about them. Charles Nelson Reilly at his campy best.
Well you know Fuzzygobo sometimes a girl finds out what happen to the main charaters boys and they come there to help them.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
My mom loved these sorts of shows back in the 70s, and I've loved them ever since I was little. Pufnstuf's always fun to watch - any Krofft fan has to have watched Pufnstuf at least once - and every now and then Sigmund and the Sea Monsters and The Land of the Lost. My mother recalls watching The Far-Out Space Nuts, which I've never heard of before until she told me about it. I wonder if it's on Netflix? I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Pretty much all the other Krofft shows are.