Has Herry been retired?

Princeton

Reaction score
Besides a few cameos here and there and appearences in series retrospectives, we don't really see much of Herry Monster around the Street anymore. Would it be safe to assume that he's been retired?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
His puppet appears occasionally as background monster.

Princeton

Reaction score
Now that Jerry has passed away, does anyone know if Herry will be recast?

cjd874

Reaction score
Maybe Matt Vogel could take over Herry. I know Tyler Bunch tried it out at a recent event in Hartford CT, but to me it just didn't click. Right now, Matt's busy filming the Muppets sequel, but I could see him performing Herry for a while. He's inherited so many classic Jerry Nelson characters from the Count and Floyd Pepper to Pops and Crazy Harry, so why not Herry?
Besides, in the aftermath of the Kevin Clash scandal, there will be a greater need for more Muppets. They can't rely on just Abby, Telly, Murray, Rosita, Zoe, and Baby Bear. Maybe they will bring back older Muppets like Herry, the Count, and more of Ernie and Bert (not the claymation versions, but the real puppets that can be used in street scenes).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The show has a hard of time squeezing mainstays like Cookie and E&B in the show's current format already. I don't think they need anymore characters than they have, which seems like a double standards 'cause I like seeing new Two-Headed Monster material.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes and no. I wouldn't exactly see extra Herry based segments on the show itself, but how about using him for the street stories? I see a lot of Fairy Tale based episodes coming out the past few years. That clearly means they're always trying to add new characters based on puppeteer availability, at least as far as street stories go.

As far as Elmo's presence on the show post Kevin, it can be anyone's guess. I don't think we need to worry much about the character having a really diminished presence, and I'm sure they have a back up. However, it would be a good opportunity for Herry to be added back in with the main cast, as well as giving more street story time to Ernie and Bert (depending upon availability) and Cookie Monster as well.

Bridget

Reaction score
I wish. Herry was a really sweet monster that I fell in love with from the beginning. It is true, Sesame Street already has a difficult time squeezing in classic Muppets. However if they got the chance, it would be very nice to see him again!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still think if they're desperate for characters that they have to continuously use Fairy Tale stand bys, they need to bring Herry back.

Personally, I want them to recast Sherlock Hemlock. We have the Robert Downy Jr. movies, Sherlock, and Elementary. It's time to bring that character back. They want to fill the show up with parody segments? Use a parody character.

Bridget

Reaction score
I still think if they're desperate for characters that they have to continuously use Fairy Tale stand bys, they need to bring Herry back.

Personally, I want them to recast Sherlock Hemlock. We have the Robert Downy Jr. movies, Sherlock, and Elementary. It's time to bring that character back. They want to fill the show up with parody segments? Use a parody character.
I definitely agree.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously. This season showed an episode about Little Red Riding Hood wanting to reinforce a picnic basket from the Big Bad Wolf, followed by the Three Little Pigs wanting to reinforce their house from the Big Bad Wolf. If they're that strapped for story lines and characters, they really need to bring someone back and bad.