More Non-Muppet-Shaped Muppet Toys

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also, I don't think the Kermit coloring is to evade trademark. Pantone# 376 just seems like a brighter green than he should be. There was along Palisades conversation of that.

I never said that. It's clearly off color by accident. Like the paint dried too dark or something.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I never said that. It's clearly off color by accident. Like the paint dried too dark or something.
I thought someone said something like that. Yeah, it's a completely different shade of green. The pantone is 100% accurate, but doesn't take into account how light hits fleece. That gives a dimension and darkness to the color on screen. So basically Kermit toys of correct coloring look a little too lime-like.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Something tells me knowing the exact shade of green to use is a professional/style guidey thing. Even more evidence that these are customs.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Something tells me knowing the exact shade of green to use is a professional/style guidey thing. Even more evidence that these are customs.
Yeah, it seems that they've used the busts to model these. The character selections indicate that too (no Sweetums, Robin, Rizzo or Pepe, but at least they remembered Floyd) and Sideshow Kermit s a darker green. :smile:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Well, series two has been revealed...

I'll have to admit that their series one Rowlf was wonderful and Fozzie and Kermit were really cute too. Bunsen is definitely the winner in this bunch. They even went with a classic hue for his skin color. I expected that Beaker would be a tough challenge for this template. I just don't understand the Miss Piggy represented. I'm not keen on the likeness, but I find the frumpy dress, absence of pearls, lack of eyeshadow, gloves and shoes bewildering. It's like the sculptor had never seen Miss Piggy before. :mad:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That or he stylized it to high heck and back. Looks like the dress was supposed to be a Karate gi and they managed to screw that one up. Her head is far too wide to get the likeness to work remotely.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
That or he stylized it to high heck and back. Looks like the dress was supposed to be a Karate gi and they managed to screw that one up. Her head is far too wide to get the likeness to work remotely.
Nothing that makes her "Miss Piggy" is present here. It's awkward.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They got the eyes close and not much else. Maybe the ears.

The head shape really throws everything else off. It would look meh at best if it were correctly shapen, though. Stylization doesn't do a thing for the figure.

Of course, I like the Bunsen, but they really overemphasized his jowls.