The Muppets and YouTube.com

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I've heard various stories about the original prints for the first two Muppet Movies having different audio bits in a few scenes. For instance, in the original print for TGMC, after Kermit finds out that Piggy isn't Lady Holliday, and Piggy is seen walking off into the dark, there's a sound effect of some church bells in the background. Current prints replace this with sounds of a cat. You can just barely hear part of the original audio at the beginning of this clip.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's something interesting I found: Opening previews that appear on the UK release of Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff.

What I find interesting is that it has individual promos for two of the Muppet Video releases (The Kermit and Piggy Story and Muppet Moments) but not the others (that were released in the UK), while the openings to Fraggle Rock and Muppet Babies are included, but not clips from the episodes on VHS (in fact Jim Henson Video later put out a Fraggle Rock promo that was merely the opening, with an announcer talking at the very beginning).

It's also interesting how the promos for the compilations don't have an announcer. We just see a few random clips. No guest star clips, either. It's almost like the promos for Sesame Street videos that Sesame Workshop posts on YouTube. Some of the clips and editing is odd; For The Kermit and Piggy Story, we get a clip where somebody asks Miss Piggy if she works there leading to her karate chopping him, due to her just being fired, but not any clips where the firing is obvious. It'd be confusing to those who haven't seen all the backstage scenes. And for Muppet Moments, we get a second of the linking footage that leads to Sax and Violence. Odd editing!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Here's footage of Jim Henson performing Scred as he was training people for The Dark Crystal.

Wow! That video was awesome! The Scred character was given to Jerry Nelson and we have heard that that was his favorite character of SNL in the early days of Jim's team. Thank you for sharing, minor muppetz!

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this one's been posted already, and it's a bit old, but I still get a laugh out of this. One of my favorite misheard lyrics videos.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this one's been posted already, and it's a bit old, but I still get a laugh out of this. One of my favorite misheard lyrics videos.
Oh yes, this is a classic for the MC members. Nice to see it again.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
OH MY Glob! Thank you for sharing, Bliffenstimmers! This is so hilarious. "Can you ptch a bat?" (laughs) Classic!