Muppet Show Song Ideas?

cjd874

Reaction score
A few ideas from each decade since the Muppet Show:
  • "After the Love is Gone" by Earth, Wind and Fire: Floyd on vocals, Electric Mayhem on backup.
  • "Thriller" by Michael Jackson: Scooter wearing the red jacket, surrounded by Muppet Monsters. Uncle Deadly does Vincent Price's "rap" at the end.
  • "Good Riddance (The Time of Your Life)" by Green Day: Kermit plays the banjo, Fozzie strums a ukelele, Scooter has an acoustic guitar, and Floyd has an upright bass. They sing to Robin as he falls asleep.
  • "Hey Soul Sister" by Train: Gonzo sings to Camilla as they head out to town.
  • BONUS: An original song: a sequel to the hilarious "Train To Morrow" song from Season 1 of the Muppet Show. It would be great if that were to happen. Actually, that just gave me a great idea...check for a new thread soon...

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Just a few more ideas:

Mockingbird (Carly Simon and James Taylor)- Floyd and Janice, accompanied by the rest of the Electric Mayhem (There's a really cool saxophone part in there for Zoot!), possibly in a situation in the case of "Rockin Robin" (This song was stuck in my head for the past few days and I figured, this is a perfect duet for those two. :sing::flirt: )

Harper Valley PTA (Jeannie C. Riley)- either Annie Sue or Skeeter, with a bunch of whatnots that represent each character in the song

(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (Aretha Franklin)- Miss Piggy, swooning Kermit (Gotta love this couple....:smile::mad:)

She's Got You (Patsy Cline)- Annie Sue, in a situation involving her crush on Link Hogthrob but he loves another woman (Yup. Definitely an Annie Sue song.)

Flashdance (What A Feeling) (Irene Cara)- Miss Piggy or Janice (Leaning more towards Miss Piggy, but I guess Janice could work too.) Bring in the chair and the water!

MissMusical12

Reaction score
BUMP!
Few more ideas..........
Almost Paradise (Love Theme from "Footloose") (Mike Reno and Ann Wilson)- sung by Floyd and Janice (These two immediately sprang into my mind for this one. :sing::flirt: However, I wouldn't mind if I saw Kermit and Miss Piggy do this song also.)

Hit The Road, Jack (Ray Charles)- sung by Dr. Teeth or Rowlf, with back up from the Female Singers (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Female_Singers)

Like A Virgin (Madonna)- sung by Miss Piggy, serenadingly flirting with Kermit (or we could make this funnier and have Spamela Hamderson sing this to Kermit. That would make Miss Piggy VERY VERY JEALOUS.:mad: )

I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston)- sung by Gonzo, singing to Camilla (Hooray for GonzoxCamilla!! :concern::cluck:)

Hungry Like The Wolf (Duran Duran)- sung by a whatnot, who keeps changing into a werewolf when he sees his true love.

Baby Got Back (Sir Mix-A-Lot)- sung by Pepe (YES! YES! And YES!)

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Cee-Lo Green's "Crazy" sung by Crazy Harry. I'm sure somebody already said it, but it's a good one.

"No One Lives Forever," by Oingo Boingo, sung by Uncle Deadly with help from the spookier Muppets. OB is actually kind of an early Goth band, so they probably have A LOT of stuff that would be perfect for Uncle Deadly.

ploobis

Reaction score
I got one for ya!

The Gills Brothers singing the 1950's pop song "Sh-Boom" and while they're singing Crazy Harry starts setting off explosions! :crazy:

If you never heard the song before, here it is.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I got one for ya!

The Gills Brothers singing the 1950's pop song "Sh-Boom" and while they're singing Crazy Harry starts setting off explosions! :crazy:

If you never heard the song before, here it is.

That certainly sounds like it would be perfect for the Muppet Show.

Kermit singing Devo's "Jerking Back and Forth" to Miss Piggy as she chases him through a giant Connect Four display.

Hayley B

Reaction score

I would like them to do this song. But I can't think of a Muppet that might go with this. I keep vision the Sam & Friends kind.

Bridget

Reaction score
Want U Back- A Miss Piggy version. Piggy sitting in a diner in which Kermit and Annie Sue are having a milkshake together, singing this "jealousy" type song.

So What- (I can totally see Piggy and Pink singing this as a duet wearing awesome rock clothes)

Gangnam Style- For some strange reason I can see Pepe in this... Lol...