Most Underused Muppets?

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
On the fact of Deadly, I was shocked to see him in the cold opening for the Muppets at Walt Dinsey World, where, along with Tugg Monster, Gonzo, Animal, an angry pig and the Luncheon Counter Monster ripped the first guest's shirt merely because it had butter on it.

The fact the Deadly puppet survived that long is amazing. Another great character that really could have stuck around, was Hilda. She fit in with the Muppet Show cast so well, more so than the likes of Miss Mousey and Mildred. We don't even know if the Hilda puppet survived after appearing in Muppets Celebrate 30 years. And when she did show up, her head was tiny compared to the other puppets.

Droop had potential for being a great Jerry character, but I guess when Floyd, Robin and Lew Zealand became his backstage characters, plus the numerous one offs, he faded away. Glad he came back though.

Thog. Oh frog, the Thog. Thog was huge, and was built up to being a main character on the Muppet show, making appearances on other shows and the like, and they only used him for like, five musical numbers on the Muppet show. Heck, I think he was only used twice in the first season. Glad he came back.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Hate to double post, but I grew attached to someone who deserves to be at least a background character now. Bean Bunny. I wish they used him more, and used his ear mechanizim from Bunny Picnic more often.

Bridget

Reaction score
I totally wish that Rowlf was used more, because I am an obsessive piano fan, and I just really love how he's that music kind of guy :wink:
However I noticed he's not as big on his music side as he was back in those golden days...
Bean, eh... He's a little cutie! I don't really crave him as much on account that I don't have much understanding of his personality.
And that's... basically it for me!
Ciao!

cjd874

Reaction score
Nearly all of Jerry's Muppets (Floyd, Robin, Deadly, Harry, Lew, Strangepork, Kazagger, JP Grosse, Camilla, Droop, Thog) were underused, in my opinion. But also I think there should have been more opportunities for Sam the Eagle, Marvin Suggs, Wayne and Wanda, Annie Sue, Hilda, Janice, Lips and Zoot.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I totally wish that Rowlf was used more, because I am an obsessive piano fan, and I just really love how he's that music kind of guy :wink:
However I noticed he's not as big on his music side as he was back in those golden days...
Bean, eh... He's a little cutie! I don't really crave him as much on account that I don't have much understanding of his personality.
And that's... basically it for me!
Ciao!
Yes, more Rowlf. He's the most prominent dog Muppet, and dogs are so cuddly and loveable:flirt:. Not to mention he's the oldest Muppet, along with Kermit. Like I said, he's much more normal than most of the Muppets, but that's what makes him interesting. If they ever make a new Muppet tv show, I'd love to see an episode where Rowlf leaves the Muppets, believing he's too normal to fit in, only to find he's been around crazy Muppets so long that he can't stand normal, ordinary people:smile: .

Bridget

Reaction score
Yes, more Rowlf. He's the most prominent dog Muppet, and dogs are so cuddly and loveable:flirt:. Not to mention he's the oldest Muppet, along with Kermit. Like I said, he's much more normal than most of the Muppets, but that's what makes him interesting. If they ever make a new Muppet tv show, I'd love to see an episode where Rowlf leaves the Muppets, believing he's too normal to fit in, only to find he's been around crazy Muppets so long that he can't stand normal, ordinary people:smile: .
I love that episode too!

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
that would be awesome :smile: cuz we know he has a voice aka Matt Vogel cuz he spoke in 2011
I wouldn't mind that either. Robin was a little too understated for me during the Muppet Show. I think there's still a lot more to discover about the little frog and more scenes with him and Kermit having some bonding time couldn't hurt.

I would also like to see a lot more of Lips. I know he never says anything, but having a full-time trumpeter could broaden the musical horizon for the Electric Mayhem. The band themselves need a lot more screen time.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Floyd Pepper leaps to mind, at least as far as truly criminally underused characters go. Also have to toss in another vote for Uncle Deadly.
well uncle deadly had a HUGE role in the last movie hopefully he will be there in the new one and have a line or two!

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Floyd Pepper leaps to mind, at least as far as truly criminally underused characters go. Also have to toss in another vote for Uncle Deadly.
Floyd had a good amount of screen time in the original Muppet Show, and also had a decent part in the original Muppet Movie trilogy, but outside of that he didn't have much to do. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more Floyd in the next film:sing:.