Terrible Rumor: Muppet*Vision 3D to close in DisneyLand California

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I feared this.
http://www.toughpigs.com/muppetvision-close/

I'm really worried about this. But I'm really not surprised that this is a thought. They don't even use the theater for Muppets all day. Whenever they have a new movie to promote, they use the theater as a place to show the 3D trailers.

I'd be really sad if this is really true. I would hate for them to take it away before I even have a chance to see it once. :frown:

Disney, tell us this isn't true!

galagr

Reaction score
"Disney is considering expanding their Pixar presence in the Disney California Adventure park". Becuase, you know, they haven't made ANY recent Pixar renovations lately ...

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Please no every time I go to Disney California adventure I look forward to Muppet Vision 3D.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I'd be saddened if the one in Disney's California Adventure closed, but we always still have the one in Disney World (at Disney's Hollywood Studios) if anything. (Actually, the one in Disney World is a bit older than the one in Disneyland).

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I'd be saddened if the one in Disneyland closed, but we always still have the one in Disney World (at Disney's Hollywood Studios) if anything. (Actually, the one in Disney World is a bit older than the one in Disneyland).
Do you mean California Adventure

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'd be saddened if the one in Disneyland closed, but we always still have the one in Disney World (at Disney's Hollywood Studios) if anything. (Actually, the one in Disney World is a bit older than the one in Disneyland).
Yeah. The one in WDW was opened in 1991, so all the Muppeteers were very involved in the creation and the layout (as well as other stuff) of MV3D. Jim had a lot to say in the plans of everything too. It was planned shortly before his death. :frown:
The one in Disneyland opened in 2001. Although the actual theater and the film (and pre-show) is the same as in WDW, the layout is extremely different. Those decisions all came from the Imagineers.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah. The one in WDW was opened in 1991, so all the Muppeteers were very involved in the creation and the layout (as well as other stuff) of MV3D.
I'm pretty sure Jerry Nelson wasn't involved, though he did record voices for Here Comes the Muppets and performed in The Muppets at Walt Disney World. Then again, I think I read that Muppet*Vision 3D was actually filmed at Disneyland (or at least in California) even though it was only shown at Walt Disney World for so many years.

Hopefully this is a rumor, especially considering the success of the previous film and the upcoming film. It's bad enough Disney isn't releasing more old productions (and the number of new stuff has been a bit small as well).

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i know they have TMA coming literly next year. i would think they would want more muppet presence in the park and maybe a new ride.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
i know they have TMA coming literly next year. i would think they would want more muppet presence in the park and maybe a new ride.
What's TMA again? "The Muppet Adventure?" While it would be a shame if they closed MV3D in Disneyland, as people mentioned we still have the one in Disneywolrd. Not to get off track, but I remember how sad I was when Universal closed down the Back To the Future ride. I'm a huge fan of the film, and loved the ride. Still, the "futuristic" part takes place in 2015:smile: , so it's a little dated to say the least.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
What's TMA again? "The Muppet Adventure?" While it would be a shame if they closed MV3D in Disneyland, as people mentioned we still have the one in Disneywolrd. Not to get off track, but I remember how sad I was when Universal closed down the Back To the Future ride. I'm a huge fan of the film, and loved the ride. Still, the "futuristic" part takes place in 2015:smile: , so it's a little dated to say the least.
I don't rember the bttf ride but did they replace with the Simpsons ride