Fraggle Rock returning to The Hub April 21, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kidding aside, he sounds a lot better than Townsend Coleman did as Gobo.

I wonder why they didn't go with Don Messick for the cartoon. He at least had a raspy voice. I could totally have seen him do Gobo's voice for the cartoon.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
It took recording multiple commercial breaks on The Hub, but here's one of the promos for the marathon. Forgive the horrible quality.
You beat me to it! Well, here's both promos from my channel. Recorded from Animaniacs at 7-8 PM.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
How dare they try to keep the legacy of a character going like that. He sounded nothing like Jerry. Everything was wrong. I hate this country.

[end of satire]
Why would you say that... I mean they have been doing replacement voices even before Jim Richard and Jerry's death. It is not something that they take lightly and just let anyone do. If you have ever read or listened to any Henson/Muppet interview or commentary you would know that it can take several tries and sometimes many different prefromers to get the voice and mannerisms just right. This is the first time we have heard Gobo in a long time so please try and show Henson and the puppeter support instead of bashing them down.

I'm not a huge Fraggle fan but think that these where great and I'm glad Gobo at least has a voice.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Why would you say that... I mean they have been doing replacement voices even before Jim Richard and Jerry's death. It is not something that they take lightly and just let anyone do. If you have ever read or listened to any Henson/Muppet interview or commentary you would know that it can take several tries and sometimes many different prefromers to get the voice and mannerisms just right. This is the first time we have heard Gobo in a long time so please try and show Henson and the puppeter support instead of bashing them down.
Oscarfan noted [end of satire] in his comment, so he was just being sarcastic.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm pleased that these recasts have come out as good as they are. Even if you'd consider them just imitations, I kind of find it fitting in that way since Jerry built much of his character repertoire on imitations.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Wow Gobo can talk! :smile: :smirk: im so happy i would defently think this is either Matt Vogel or Tyler Bunch. But we will have to wait. Hopefully something new fraggle wise comes out like a primetime special or something to celebrate there 30th

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I want a 30 years special too! Maybe like, 30 Years of Fraggles or something like that. :coy:

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
According to a recent post by the Muppet Mindset, quote: "Matt Vogel, the prime suspect, confirmed on Twitter that it is not him [performing Gobo]." Since he's currently in England filming the next Muppet movie, it couldn't have been Vogel unless it was filmed long in advance like the Count video.

So, who was it then? Tyler Bunch or John Kennedy seems likely, but frankly I'm thinkin' it's a recurring puppeteer who's performed on the Henson Company's newer projects; Puppet Up!, Neil's Puppet Dreams or of the like.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It kind of sounds like Johnny T. to me, but I wouldn't swear to it, obviously... it's getting harder and harder for me to tell performers apart anymore based on voices alone. Not like the old days where you almost immediately could tell who was a Jim character, who was a Frank character, who was a Jerry character, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.