I won't be posting anymore...

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Thank you all! It was really fun and unbelievable! Now I get to go to a week of school... and I have to take my finals... :sigh:

It's really amazing because I will never get to do something like this again. The next inauguration I will be a freshman in college! (Holy crap! That's scary!)

muppetperson

Reaction score
To the moderator, it seems censorship is alive and well.This forum should have free speech, whether positive or negative to Disney. I posted something, which has now vanished, which really annoys me to the extent of wondering why I bother posting.
So I am not going to post and don't know if I will be back. Thanks to all the people I have known.:smile: Bye.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If you're refering to your thread in the Fantasy Worlds section about a Labyrinth film by Disney, that got deleted because there's already a thread discussing that in the General Discussions section. *Wonders if the reason for deleting a post/thread is visible by members other than staffers.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
*Wonders if the reason for deleting a post/thread is visible by members other than staffers.
No it is not. Which is why there was a thread a while back in the feedback section complaining about it. Things just vanish with no explanation. No one is alerted either. You just find your post/thread gone with nothing telling you why

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, would have thought it would show up, that's kind of why when I was first starting out as a mod it was insisted that though "Optional" the "Reason for Deletion" edit field should be filled out with a stated deletion reason.
As for the alerting a member of such, that's a forum coding/notification issue and I have no ability nor control over those. Heck, I no longer get new member notifications whenever a new member (or spambot turd or even their many multiples) sign up with an account at the forum.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't have thought that it would be possible to get alerts anyway, though would someone realistically want to be alerted that their post was deleted? Probably not XD

You know, on the older forum software, I don't think it showed a reason for deletion either. It only showed a reason for editing.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
To the moderator, it seems censorship is alive and well.This forum should have free speech, whether positive or negative to Disney. I posted something, which has now vanished, which really annoys me to the extent of wondering why I bother posting.
So I am not going to post and don't know if I will be back. Thanks to all the people I have known.:smile: Bye.
Wait, was he serious? Seems like a very minor reason for leaving. I mean, like others said, it was done because there was already a thread on the same subject, not to censor him. I've had threads deleted, and gotten in arguments with other members, but nothing serious. I hate to see a Well-Known Member leave over something so minor:sympathy:.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I am just popping in for my final wrap up.Indeed, I found out it wasn't censorship and it may seem minor, but the main problem is still there- notification.This is not the only issue that I am acting on. I guess the Count's moderation style has taken it's toll on me and I just need to get away from vanishing posts or posts moved to "General Disscussion" that shouldn't be there.Even the first poster put it under Fantasy Worlds and was moved.If you are a Labyrinth fan, it is something that you would be interested in knowing, even if it isn't directly related. When a post used to be moved, the heading would still be there, and say that it was moved, and link to the new location.As for double posts, I am seeing so many posts that are simular and not merged, such as the Task one non muppet figures.I am also seeing stuff "stickied" that isn't important, while other hard working contributors posting, like Muppet cast and Muppet Mindset don't.
Co incidently, those people have also left. It is very frustrating seeing a post, and then not being able to find it, or having your post moved or deleted. I am not a fan of how the Count is handling things.Fozzie Bear was a great moderator, but even he has left.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, you gotta give him credit for being the only moderator here. He has to make decisions himself. And that is the problem. My campaign to get a new mod obviously went nowhere, despite the fact we desperately need someone else.

I really do think some of the issue comes from not being able to see why your post was deleted or moved. If the option is there, then the person who posted it deserves to be able to see it. This is obviously not under Ed's control, since this is the forum software doing it, but there HAS to be a way for members to know why a post was deleted, especially if it will prevent them from making the same mistake