New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Hey, guys, I know I'm going completely off topic, but I just wanted to tell you about the amazing night I had last night! Last night I went off to see an Aussie comedian named Adam Hills and he is just as mad about The Muppets as we are!

• Adam spent the night talking about the comedic influences he has had over the years and his face just shone with happiness when he retold the story about performing on the Muppet Gala in Montreal. He considers interacting with the Swedish Chef as the single greatest moment of his career!
Adam also recalled how he was going to pull out of the Gala because the producers wanted to cut a joke from his gig. He didn't know what to do: Defend the joke or work with the Muppets?
Luckily a fellow Aussie caught up to him and said something like, "Adam. Drop the ego and touch the frog!"
During rehearsal the day before the Gala, Adam watched as Steve Whitmire, Eric Jacobson, Bill Baretta and Peter Linz rehearsed 'Rainbow Connection'. The song got to Adam and he realised in that moment what he needed to do.
Adam Hills wanted to Touch the Frog
And it was the best decision Adam ever made! Kermit introduced him, The Swedish Chef interacted with him and he even got a standing ovation from the Muppeteers!
As Adam walked off the stage, he looked over at Kermit and knew he only had one shot. So he ran back on stage, high-fived Kermit, high-fived Steve Whitmire and ran back off stage.
Adam heard Kermit say from behind him, "We should rough that guy up and make him a Muppet!"
For the finale last night, Adam brought out a small choir who were wearing robes with Kermit's collar around their neck. It was a fantastic closing number about being kind, embracing life and Touching the Frog!
Ladies and Gentleman, this man deserves a chance to reunite with the Muppets!
Here is a video of Adam talking about his show and the Muppets!

I'll be posting a video of the finale I recorded last night soon.
All I ask is that you listen to Adam, and you'll see what I was so lucky to experience last night in Melbourne.
Ladies and gentleman, don't hesitate to Touch the Frog

muppetlover123

Reaction score
yeah i was bored and youtubed muppets filming and freaked out when i found it! lol :smile:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I wonder what they are supposed to be looking at to the right.
Is Ricky supposed to be in the shot? I can't tell if he's in front of the camera or not...

I love how they all fall down together at the same time. Looks hilarious. :laugh:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I wonder what they are supposed to be looking at to the right.
Is Ricky supposed to be in the shot? I can't tell if he's in front of the camera or not...

I love how they all fall down together at the same time. Looks hilarious. :laugh:
I think he's just there to read his lines off-screen so they can properly react.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hopefully now filming is done, we might hopefully get some teasers?

I've got to be honest, seeing this footage I'm quite gutted. I offered Debbie McClennan/Disney $1000 for charity to just walk in the background of a scene in this movie. Being filmed in the UK, this is probably my last ever opportunity to have some role in a Muppet feature film and I thought that maybe they'd have gone for it, but alas, it wasn't meant to be :frown:

Still blooming excited to see how it pans out, GMC is my favourite Muppet film by miles!!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
hopefully there is a teaser by june or july because putting the movie together might not be done til then... :/

Drtooth

Reaction score
Did anyone mention that Danny Trejo is going to be in this one? Between him and Ricky Gervais, they really want to get back actors who were left on the cutting room floor for this one.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
hopefully there is a teaser by june or july because putting the movie together might not be done til then... :/
I can wait until October.

I hope they don't overdo it with the trailers this time, but if there is a big movie coming out, it'd be great if the Muppets did a teaser trailer spoofing that movie, followed by the trailer for that movie. It'd be especially great if there is such a big movie and it's known that the trailer will premiere before a certain movie, and then people see the Muppets do a parody trailer first, unannounced.

Status
Not open for further replies.