The Muppets to appear on "Good Luck Charlie" April 28, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
AAAAAUUUUUGGGGHHH! Every clip I see makes it look worse and worse. I'm scared for what's coming on April 28th.
'Cause this one appearance will be the nail in the coffin for them...

We've made it a long way from Studio DC; this song is tons catchier than anything from those specials. Plus, if there's any fault in their appearance, blame the writers for not having any Muppet know-how and for having just an all-around inadequate show. Disney's not aiming for Honeymooner's-quality programming.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
'Cause this one appearance will be the nail in the coffin for them...

We've made it a long way from Studio DC; this song is tons catchier than anything from those specials. Plus, if there's any fault in their appearance, blame the writers for not having any Muppet know-how and for having just an all-around inadequate show. Disney's not aiming for Honeymooner's-quality programming.
I can't tell if you were being sarcastic in the first line, but I'm really worried about that.
What I'm worried about is that people will see this, and this being one of the very few Muppet things they see, will have no interest in the Muppets in the future, which will be a big loss, since the next movie is well-underway.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Although a Diva battle between the mom and Piggy would be nice to see. I hate to say it but the mom's character really is a more extreme, more obnoxious version of Piggy...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I can't tell if you were being sarcastic in the first line, but I'm really worried about that.
What I'm worried about is that people will see this, and this being one of the very few Muppet things they see, will have no interest in the Muppets in the future, which will be a big loss, since the next movie is well-underway.
Well, you're not exactly the demographic for the show (you seem to be a couple of years over it), so it may just be the effect all kids shows have: kids love it, you're old enough to find the holes in it that keep you from enjoying it the way they do.

If there's anything I see wrong with this it's A. the Fozzie puppet and B. The lead girl, who I know is a good singer, seems to be more trained for pop singing than the Broadway-style song this is.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
And, I will say it again...

This appearance is NOT meant to appeal to muppet fans. Muppet fans are way out of the target audience for the show. It is not going to feature muppet style writing, it will probably feature Good luck Charlie style writing that happens to feature the muppets.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there's anything I see wrong with this it's A. the Fozzie puppet and B. The lead girl, who I know is a good singer, seems to be more trained for pop singing than the Broadway-style song this is.
The sad thing is, no matter how awesome the next Muppet Movie is, they inevitably had to use that Fozzie Puppet. He needs a rebuild and quick! There's got to be something done to lighten that fur up a bit.

Anyway, yeah. Agreed. This isn't for us, this is so the brand can keep playing to younger audiences. That said, I've seen enough of it via that clip. If it reaches an audience, Cheers. I just want to see some Muppet TV special or other accessible project before the film comes out. Something better than this.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i mean the song is kind of catchy and i love good luck charlie and the muppets so it kinda works out

The thing i dont get is why they had 3 Eric Jacobson characters instead of having Gonzo replace Animal.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
...maybe only Steve, Eric and misc. performers were available for performing maybe?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Also, did they make new chicken puppets? Their beaks are huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.