Muppet Central Wiki

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Great! I'm really happy that you want to help!
Are you familiar with Wikia and how it works?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I think first we need to look at the templates, remove anything that is not needed, making them as simple as possible, remove all these "explanations" around the wiki, stuff like that.

Obviously we want to keep the help page, but I think having all things guidelines on every single page, even on the window to edit and create things, will just confuse people more and scare them away

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Great! I'm really happy that you want to help!
Are you familiar with Wikia and how it works?
I am fairly familiar with how a Wiki works, yes. And if there's something that might take some time to understand, I can probably pick up on it quick. Like I said, I'm here to help you guys out.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I've been giving it some serious thought, and I think I need to just...step away from the wiki for a bit. I won't remove my adminship in case you need me, but right now I think I need to..well...

I realize I am hard headed. I know I am hard to get along with because I tend to say things that people don't want to hear because SOMEONE has to say it. I know I can be catty. I can be quite mean if you catch me in a bad mood. I hold grudges and overall not a pleasant person to be around...

Reading my last post way after the fact...well...Maybe I am a control freak...or maybe I am just being petty because I'm mad at Vince. I dunno. But I don't think this is a good time for me to have anything to do with the wiki

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, from what I'm gathering here, there's tension befalling all of the Wiki simply because two individual members are having a little quarrel of some sort at this juncture?

Hmm... well, hopefully that can blow over soon, but honestly, don't you guys think it's just a tad silly to publically say, "Yeah, I'm thinking about abandoning the Wiki because me and so-and-so are mad at each other right now"? And get everybody else all stirred up about it?

I mean, lack of interest is one thing (and I bet it's no so much a lack of internet, as it is probably more so people either not being very good with editing Wikis, like myself, or some people simply have lives, and don't have a lot of free time to goof around on a Wiki), but if there's personal problems, isn't it best that they remain personal, and not let them spill over into the boards, or even the Wiki itself, and turning things upside down for everyone else in the process?

Just my thinking.

Vincent L

Reaction score
I'm not sure how this affects the forums in general (I'm not as active here now), but it has affected the wiki greatly. It's hard to get things moving on the wiki since we dislike each other's decisions. And since we are the only active admins, things get personal. Things might be better if the other admins are more active (I'm looking at you), but they aren't, so here we are.
I'm not blaming anyone in general, but that's just how I see the entire situation.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I really hope my issues with Vincent don't turn people away from the wiki. With neither of us there now anyway it shouldn't matter.

I will sort of still be there if anyone needs me. I'm an admin on another wiki anyway so I'll get alerts if you leave a message on my wall. I just won't be actively editing it or doing anything.

I honestly don't see the wiki working any other way than as a kind of MC deviantart. You can only do so much with just information about the site. But it would be a great way for people to put up their pictures and fanfics and be easily finadble in one single page for each user. Plus, people can host pictures there.

So, that's just my two cents...

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
I like the one-page organization idea. It saves time from trying to go to one section, find the link, figure out that's not the link you want to use, look again, find the right link, wait for it to load, rage against the slow loading time, nearly pull your hair out, give up for about five minutes, come back, it's still not loading, rage-quit, repeat.

*blinks* Yeah. Plus, since I'm really not that "talkative", my member page on the Wiki can hep people get some insight about me. Though personally... I might be over-doing it a little. Or a lot. But that's just me. The rest of you guys are doing rather well.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I hope you know I mean the whole linking system I put in for each member page when I said putting things on a single page :wink:

So, the individual member page would be like a hub. The links are already there, so you just click on one of the links, the page is created with the right name, and you just add to it.

The fanfics part of the member pages people can use to just link to either their threads or if they hosted the fanfics on the wiki there.

Like I said, I think that all the categorizing system needs to redone. I think personally, everything on the wiki needs to be redone from scratch. Re-evaluate the templates, directions for making pages and such. Things need to be as straightforward and dummied down as possible so that anyone understands how to do things. I'd even say go as far as making a visual step by step guide

Which reminds me, I don't think member pages are on the navigation bar. I guess I should add that :/