Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm glad they redid that needle in a haystack bit, since I couldn't catch it online anywhere. I know they tend to overplay segments too much, but in this case it was a good things.

So no one uses CDs these days? I must be old-fashioned. I was hoping they'd have some references to the Muppets being puppets themselves, maybe even some cameos by the shows puppeteer's.

The street story was good. It's still trial and error, but there's a little more originality. That Quackerduck Guy was cool too. I guess he was supposed to represent a cross between the Quaker Oats guy and Kool Aid Man.

Just a little side note here. I look forward to the next episode. I hear Bob and Abby will have some interaction. Seems like in the six years she's been on the show, the two of them have never actually met. Lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Only one episode left.

I really hope they get this budget situation under control for the next season. At least to the point they don't stretch 26 episodes to last over 8 months.

cahuenga

Reaction score
I saw the season finale street scenes on the sesame page and I can say season 43 its the first season of SS that Susan and Luis arent seen in any new street scene....:frown:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Did they appear at all this season? I know Bob only appeared in an insert in season 42. It's sad that so many cast members seem to be phasing out. Well, maybe not phasing out, but are on and off.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You realize these people are old, and some of them have other careers. They're not going to be around forever, and they are going to have to be replaced with new cast members at some point. the perils for a long running series. Meanwhile, Bob really got more screen time than the last couple seasons.

I swear Susan was in this season, but considering how long they stretched the episodes out, I can barely remember the first half of the season.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Susan only was on a repeat of an episode from season 39 "The hat contest", but not in a new episode, instead she was on 4 episodes from season 42. Bob was in 3 episodes this season and only appeared on an insert in season 42. Although in each episodes they were, they had more dialogue than in the last 3 years altoghether.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Considering season 43 was filmed during two different season taping sessions, whatever they may have gotten a chance to film was part of the different seasons. I'm pretty sure I read Susan will be in season 44 somewhere, don't remember where though. Luis will be in it; he's part of the crew photo on Muppet Wiki.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Since the season's over tomorrow, here's the season-long album I've been making:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m57q60lg53jrkjj/Sesame Street Season 43.zip

It includes:
  • All the songs from the street stories and inserts
  • All the Elmo the Musical songs
  • The songs from two resource videos: Healthy Teeth, Healthy Me and Little Children, Big Challanges: Divorce
  • Two viral videos: "Share it Maybe" and "Counting the Yous in YouTube" (along with the slightly revised version of the latter).
ENJOY! :insatiable:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know I should wait until the next episode airs and give a season review to say this, but...

I really wish they'd drop the fake sponsors. They're just not funny. I mean, it's just like a 10 second window for the show to gain otherwise, not much they can do there... but if they were trying to subtly parody the sponsors they have to have, there's just so much opportunity for them to do something actually funny.