BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
it wasnt my intention. i honestly wanted a break just time to myself to go and do the prjects i hadnt been able to do and work on the things i needed to do and now this

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, I was actually trying to make you feel better, sorry about that.

No, I get what you're saying. Try to remember one thing Julio: love sucks. You may see something in this person now, but eventually, you'll see that person as they REALLY are, and you'll see their true colors, and when that happens, you'll ask yourself what did you ever see in her in the first place? And you're right, after what you just went through, this is the last thing you need right now... sometimes, fate likes to throw us curve balls with the most impecible sense of timing... just like how here a few months ago, I finally tossed aside the person I was in love with after my MC friends helped me realize what a phony baloney ***** of a friend she was, then no sooner was I finally basking in freedom from the prison of my mind and feelings, then I found myself having a crush on some waitress I met at a restaurant I went to. That's something I don't need, because not only do I not want to go through the mind **** I went through for three years ago, but I'm a grown man, I'm too old to be having stupid little crushes on someone I don't even know.

Ask yourself this: is it love, or infatuation you're feeling?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i know you where and im glad i got this side of a family to slap me when im being silly or need a good talking too...this is the first place i turned to to seek advice

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't sweat it Julio; the important thing is that you've picked yourself up, dusted yourself off, and have been traveling down the road to restart your life. Speedbumps are to be expected, but you can choose whether or not you're going to let them stand in your way.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seeing a photo of what the original, prototype Gary Gnu puppet looked like.

Granted, not nearly as freaky as, say, the original Snuffy, but compared to how we all know and love Gary, his prototype isn't too easy on the eyes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was totally not prepared to see Tonya Harding with her hair dyed black tonight.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
This is actually an anniversry, ten years ago, the first time I saw someone with a bluetooth. Actually, the lady's long hair covered her ears, so I couldn't see this new technological marvel. She came into my store, and from the conversation she was having, you would've thought she was a certifiable nutjob.

She wasn't making any eye contact with me, just looking off into space, but every once in a while she would scream like she was possessed:

"SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??!!!"
"IF SHE DOESN'T STOP I'LL KILL HER MYSELF!!!"
"WAIT TIL I SEE THAT $#*&%@%$!!!!!!"

Before I could ask her if she or the voices in her head needed help, she came up to the counter, pulled the device out of her ear, collected her wits, and proudly showed off this piece of communications wizardry that would become the wave of the future.

"This thing is called a bluetooth, and I'M THE FIRST ONE AT THE HOME TO GET ONE!!!"

I spent the rest of the day wondering how she ever got along without it...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember specific days myself... I think it all depends on what kind of an imprint the event left on you.