Fraggle movie

Vicki Fraggle

Reaction score
Does anyone but me think they shouldn't make a fraggle movie with out Jerry? It just seems wrong to recast Gobo. Am I being too close-minded? It's just not the same.

theSHE124

Reaction score
Hey Vicki, I know it's never the same. But it helps to remember: life never does sameness. I've read in one Christian theology book that many people would potentially stop going to church because they embrace tradition over change, i.e., if the worship music became rock'n'roll instead of the pipe organ. Jesus is the one who stays the same. Yet he changes lives in the numerous changes of life in the universe; whether good or evil, they all work in his mighty favor, just to save us, because he loves you.

And take me e.g.! You've seen the complaint I posted on the Fraggle-Rock-a-thon thread, right? I didn't think that humor was meant for FR characters, but I truly didn't understand how meaningful it was for the Hub. And I still don't know if anyone has forgiven me yet...

Let's face the truth, Vicki. These are the Muppets we're talking about! They've been well known to roll with the changes. Sure, Jerry Nelson was awesome, and yeah, I believe Gobo should be his well-known character; but I assume we won't truly know if he is the best performer of Gobo ever until the Muppet history itself is well-written. For now, let's just give John Tartaglia a chance. He does nail the Canadian accent, after all.

I wanna see a Fraggle Rock movie, too. And whether or not it might truly happen, I have an idea on my own you might accept. I call it Project Revision, and I placed much of its basic info in a previous thread. I have plans to sell it (sooner or later, hopefully while there's still a Fuzzy Renaissance).

And one more thing...Welcome to the forum, newbie. It's known to be as crazy as the Muppets! :smile:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Does anyone but me think they shouldn't make a fraggle movie with out Jerry? It just seems wrong to recast Gobo. Am I being too close-minded? It's just not the same.
I moight agree with Vicki here. The Muppet world will never be the same (that includes Fraggle Rock). So, there are naysayers that hate change and there are those that like original voices. I mean... come on... they're crazy. Anyway, there should be a movie, but it's up to you if it should happen or not.

Vicki Fraggle

Reaction score
Hey Vicki, I know it's never the same. But it helps to remember: life never does sameness. I've read in one Christian theology book that many people would potentially stop going to church because they embrace tradition over change, i.e., if the worship music became rock'n'roll instead of the pipe organ. Jesus is the one who stays the same. Yet he changes lives in the numerous changes of life in the universe; whether good or evil, they all work in his mighty favor, just to save us, because he loves you.

And take me e.g.! You've seen the complaint I posted on the Fraggle-Rock-a-thon thread, right? I didn't think that humor was meant for FR characters, but I truly didn't understand how meaningful it was for the Hub. And I still don't know if anyone has forgiven me yet...

Let's face the truth, Vicki. These are the Muppets we're talking about! They've been well known to roll with the changes. Sure, Jerry Nelson was awesome, and yeah, I believe Gobo should be his well-known character; but I assume we won't truly know if he is the best performer of Gobo ever until the Muppet history itself is well-written. For now, let's just give John Tartaglia a chance. He does nail the Canadian accent, after all.

I wanna see a Fraggle Rock movie, too. And whether or not it might truly happen, I have an idea on my own you might accept. I call it Project Revision, and I placed much of its basic info in a previous thread. I have plans to sell it (sooner or later, hopefully while there's still a Fuzzy Renaissance).

And one more thing...Welcome to the forum, newbie. It's known to be as crazy as the Muppets! :smile:
Thank you for the welcome, I'm an 84 baby, so I was raised by the fraggles. But you are right, who knows this may work after all. And the world does need Fraggle Rock

Vicki Fraggle

Reaction score
Off topic but anyone notice Joe Walsh sounds like older Gobo a bit in the song Rocky Mountain way? Lol

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Off topic but anyone notice Joe Walsh sounds like older Gobo a bit in the song Rocky Mountain way? Lol
Now that you mention the rocking song, "Rocky Mountain Way." Yes! Then, I am thinking, "Willie Nelson had a country stykle voice, Jerry Nelson had a unique talented voice and so is Joe Walsh, who used to be part of "The Eagles." LOL! Honestly, that's how I observe thses great singers be comparison. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Am I being too close-minded? It's just not the same.
Yes.

Yes you are.

If we can deal with Steve Whitmire carrying on Kermit the Frog, essentially an extension of Jim, recasting other characters is nothing. The show must go on, and having the character die with the performer is something no fan wants. When Rowlf and Scooter appeared in The Muppets, fans weren't just excited... they were disappointed they weren't given bigger roles.

Nothing's ever going to be the same, but why do we have to act defeatist and never try again? Fraggles need Gobo, even if he sounds different. Would you rather a different sounding version of the same character, or a big fat empty hole, usually left in by a substitute character no one really likes?

Of course, it's hypothetical, since there's pretty much never going to be a Fraggle Rock movie.