The Muppets to appear on "Good Luck Charlie" April 28, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Then search for "good luck charlie canada schedule" or something. That's what google is for :stick_out_tongue:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
What's google? :stick_out_tongue:)

But seriously, I searched it earlier and only found Family as a result. Hopefully the episode will be online the next day>

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I don't get why people are saying this is for a younger audience. The Muppets are about bridging the gap between children and adults. They're not supposed to be dumbed down for a stupid tween show.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I don't get why people are saying this is for a younger audience. The Muppets are about bridging the gap between children and adults. They're not supposed to be dumbed down for a stupid tween show.
These appearances are meant to appeal to fans of the show they are on, not necessarily that they are "dumbed down" to do it.

Something can be aimed to a different audience and not be "dumbed down." Look at Studio DC. The Muppets still acted somewhat like themselves, but the show was aimed for younger audiences.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That's Steve doing Kermit live, not dubbed. I think he might be using his left hand for the head for some reason, which would explain any wonkiness and why Kermit seems to be primarily moving his right arm.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Of course we fans know that the Muppet Show was created as a prime time program for adults and the Muppets are supposed to be for all audiences.

That said, the marketplace is much different than it was in 1976. Children drive the market now more than ever and not enough of them have the connection with the Muppets that we do. Today's audiences don't often channel surf outside of their own comfort zones either. This means that the Muppets must continue to appear on all sorts of relevant programming, specifically those geared to younger audiences.

However, that does not mean they should be lobotomized and I don't think they have been from the clips I've seen. I think Disney's doing a good job forming and maintaining connections with the Muppets. My only gripe is that they need more Muppet merchandise in stores. More kids like the Muppets, the more products we'll see.

This appearance is a good thing. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.