AnimatedC draws

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Did you call for maintenance?

No? Yes? Ah well, have a Lindbergh, anyway.

I finally drew him with his tail, you guys. I feel so accomplished.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score

So I still can't draw guitars, you guys.

Okay, we have Zondra, the Solid Foam Drummer, and Darci. Who, Who, and Who? ... exactly.

Essentially, these three ladies are the same puppet. However, they're all different characters.

Zondra is the head (most likely) of Gorilla Television, a hacker group who jammed the signal sometimes in the MuppeTelevision portions of The Jim Henson Hour. Here she is, doing just that.

Solid Foam Drummer, self-explanatory. Female drummer for Solid Foam on The Jim Henson Hour. Here she is, doing her thing.

Darci appeared in the "Real World Muppets" segments of Muppets Tonight. Here she is, being... well, her.

You guys are wondering why I drew the three of them together. Well, picture this: triplets. Zondra and the Drummer living at odds with each other their whole life and not getting along (even going as far as to not mention that they even had a twin sister), only to discover that they have a long-lost sister whom their parents lost while on some trip to the UK (judging by Darci's accent) (the girls were all very young).

... don't look at me like that. It's just some headcanon...

Also, yes, I knew I took some liberties so that Zondra and Darci looked different. This was also my first time drawing both of them. And without reference, too.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Though you know I won't be able to see it, I extremely like the fact you drew up a joint image of all three Muppet females.
And is it bad that I have and continue to refer to the drummer as Francine? *Leaves Oreos.
:insatiable: Me gotta find out where him keep getting those from.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
And is it bad that I have and continue to refer to the drummer as Francine?
Not at all. The Solid Foam Drummer needs a name, and by golly, I'm going to give her one, even if it is fanfic-exclusive!

So for those of you who might see me referring to the Solid Foam Drummer as "Francine", this is why.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Double post? Yes, but this is too adorable not to share.

Pay no attention to the shoddily-drawn Muppet girl to the left. That is a failed self-attempt of Muppetizing myself.

But in all seriousness, Digit and Vicki are dorks, especially in the scene from "Secrets of the Muppets" mentioned in this.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Posting two drawings here today! Hooray!

I guess you could consider this high-flying reporter my first ever Muppet OC? What, what do you mean "I guess?" Well, there's a reason behind it. Reason being that for all the evidence suggested, she was actually supposed to be a character in The Jim Henson Hour. Don't believe me? Go to the Muppet Wiki page here: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Jim_Henson_Hour Fourth picture down, you see that pink reporter bird in the baby blue business suit? Yeah, that's who I drew. She even has a lot of discussion over on the talk page (under "Who is this Muppet?"): http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:The_Jim_Henson_Hour

And yes, that is who this custom smiley is based off of (thank you so much again, Muppetboy09):

Obviously, I'm not going to leave her nameless. For that purpose, I decided (with a little help from my friends) to name her Amelia Talons. She's a reporter who mainly specializes in field reporting, although she does write for journalism on the side. She'll do just about anything to get the latest scoop. Luckily, her trusty cameraman Lindbergh is always there to help her out.

Amelia is very professional, especially when in "Reporter Mode". Do not call her "Amy", she considers it unprofessional. Call her "Amelia" or "Miss Talons", or else she will not talk to you. So far, only Lindy's ever gotten away with calling her "Amy." This is a rare case.

This is my first drawing of her, so I know there are problems. For one, her hand looks weird holding the mic. Second, maybe her hair feathers should be a bit more layered and foofy. But that's just my opinion. (Also, the shaded in head feather? It's supposed to represent some sort of light purple "streak" that I observed on the side of her head as I drew from reference.)

But now onto more well-known Muppets. And coffee.

:fanatic:: "Hey guys, we're back with coffee!"

Yay, I can draw other Muppets besides the JHH gang!

Yes, Scooter is holding a clipboard in his mouth, and Vicki is talking on a cell phone. Well, where else was I gonna put them? Their hands are full.

Anyway, first time drawing Scooter and Walter! Scooter was without reference. I only looked Walter up because I wasn't sure how to draw his eyes. (Plus, having Walter help as an assistant to someone, even Scooter, is an adorable idea.)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So now we have a name to go with the character, Amelia Talons. Even if it's a fan-given name, I approve wholeheartedly, just like how we've come to refer to the Solid Foam's drummer as Francine, or the chorus girls from the opening theme from TMS as Laura May and Amy Lou and Sally Ann and Gloria Jean. We just need names for the new girls from The Muppets (2011).

The idea of :fanatic: serving as someone else's assistant is a nice Muppetish thought. Which is why it's working so well in him and Robin under Scooter's supervision in WebMistressGina's Monday Monday and/or Pool Hall fic series. *Was not paid for that quick plug. :electric:

Thanks for posting the added explanation for these illustrations, makes me happy for furthering the cause of Muppet characters getting their due highlights. :smile:

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score

Yes, they do have legs. Are they okay? ... I guess? *MAJOR SHRUG*

Sometimes, the circuitry in Digit's legs can give out, leaving him unable to walk. Lindbergh's more than happy to help him around when this happens.

My first time drawing these boys with visible legs (that I'm aware of). I think I'm using forced perspective here, because Lindbergh kinda looks bigger than Digit? Main inspiration is drawn from here:
Actually, that whole part of the episode has given me ideas, so expect more. XD