Wembley Fraggle! Squeet squeet squat!

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm feeling a little giddy. I've been working on this guy for a long time, and nearly broke my heart trying to get his head right, and I've finally finished the puppet! So even though he's au naturel 'cause I don't have the fabric for his shirt yet, here's Wembley Fraggle.

Wembley in the Buff

Have I mentioned that I nearly went bonkers trying to get his head right? 'Cause I did. I made seven skulls and nearly ran out of 1/2" thick foam trying to get his head shape right, and also get it to move the way it should. And then I had to dye, rip apart, and glue on 25 ostrich feathers for that hair-splosion. But in the end it's worth it, because he can enunciate, whistle, chew, gulp, and lick the tip of his nose.

His skin is actually light greenish yellow. I'm a lousy photographer, so the flash makes him look creamy white. The hair is also a more saturated yellow, like the middle of his baloobius. His hands are poseable and the arm rods are removable

I'll post more photos of his flexible face when I can find someone to take 'em while I work the puppet, and when he starts acquiring a wardrobe.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks, guys!

I'm really proud of this little guy. He's not perfect, but he's very close, IMO. I'm especially happy with the way his face moves.I have to find a way to show y'all.

In the meantime I'm sewing him a shirt. I don't have proper banana tree fabric yet, but I did find a cotton print that would look cute (read: goofy) on him. Man, I wish I could find some chili pepper fabric...

Slackbot

Reaction score

Fashionable Wembley: Now less naked and more decent. I fiddled up a shirt for him. I don't have the banana tree fabric yet; this was a quick & dirty job done in a few hours using some fabric I've had in my stockpile for ages. When I do the shirt for real it'll be more accurate, especially the length and neckline.

Wem is standing on my official puppet-building area, which is a 2'x3' slab of ersatz-wood particle board. He's very literally homemade. I dread the next time I vacuum the carpet, because it'll have to suck out all sorts of fake fur and fleece fluff and bits of feathers.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score

Fashionable Wembley: Now less naked and more decent. I fiddled up a shirt for him. I don't have the banana tree fabric yet; this was a quick & dirty job done in a few hours using some fabric I've had in my stockpile for ages. When I do the shirt for real it'll be more accurate, especially the length and neckline.

Wem is standing on my official puppet-building area, which is a 2'x3' slab of ersatz-wood particle board. He's very literally homemade. I dread the next time I vacuum the carpet, because it'll have to suck out all sorts of fake fur and fleece fluff and bits of feathers.
He turned out beautifully. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So you've got both papas and their children... Will :dreamy: going to be your next project?