Ugliest International Sesame Street Muppets

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
In your opinion, what International Sesame Street Muppets are the ugliest? Please name the coproduction and if you have a picture, please upload it. If you have a video, then please upload a video.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I would say the International Sesame Street Muppets from the 1972 version of Vila Sesamo are the ugliest.

First, there's Garibalo, the residential bird of Vila Sesamo. He seems to be a rip-off of the original Big Bird from the American Sesame Street. Gugu, the grouch, seems to have a creepy and ugly face, which would scare little children.
Heck, is Funga Funga, the red elephant, supposed to be the Brazilian counterpart of Mr. Snuffleupagus?

And last but not least, there's Ze Das Latas, which means "Ze of Cans" in English. He's the robot of Vila Sesamo. Doesn't he look like the CDA from Monsters Inc?

Overall, Vila Sesamo seems to be the ugliest co-production of Sesame Street ever. And please, don't look at any Vila Sesamo pictures or videos before going to sleep. They will give you the chills. :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
First, there's Garibalo, the residential bird of Vila Sesamo. He seems to be a rip-off of the original Big Bird from the American Sesame Street. Gugu, the grouch, seems to have a creepy and ugly face, which would scare little children.

Ugh.... Gugu. He is the worst looking thing ever associated with Sesame Street ever. I've seen amateur puppeteers with puppets that don't look that bad.

I agree... Vila Sesamo is the ugliest, creepiest Sesame Street co-production ever.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Sesamstraat's season 1 Muppet designs are a close second for me. The guy who designed them also worked on directing, writing songs, and translating skits for the show, but apparently wasn't so good with this aspect.

Their designs really hit their stride when the Muppet Workshop stepped in to redesign them in the early '80s.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tommy looks like a 1960's Teddy Bear. It's actually quite adorable. Pino, however?

Seriously... once they got the Muppet people involved, most of these guys looked much better.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I've always liked Pino's "revamped" design-- the original doesn't even look like the same character. The first pic of Tommy looks like something from Mister Rogers.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You have not seen ugly Garibaldo until you've seen THIS pic:

Everything else, he almost looks kind of like a large blue sea gull, but THIS is like a blue version of the original Big Bird.

AndI agree, those original SESAMSTRAAT Muppets are kind of awful looking.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Gosh those would scare Jareth........they're that bad.