Fraggle Shoes Coming Soon

ncchuck

Reaction score
I like them ok, but they are out of my price range Im not a cloths person so they are not made for me anyway.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
What... :confused:

Pffft, I'll buy my own pair of Keds or generic shoes from Target and paint Fraggles on them myself if I want to wear some Fraggle pride on my feet that badly. Ah, maybe that sounded kind of harsh--it IS nice to see new Fragglish things, it really is :excited: But they're simply overpriced, dumbly designed, and impractical to boot.

(semi-pun intended)

Drtooth

Reaction score
And no one has commented on the actual design of the shoes? It's doing the bare minimum. Oh look, a poorly drawn face slapped on the side of the shoe! Sorry, but the design was seriously lazy :stick_out_tongue: I guess the "hair" is a nice touch, but without the drawing that took 5 minutes to design, you wouldn't be able to tell they were Fraggle Rock Shoes :stick_out_tongue:
To add to the poorly drawn face that took 5 minutes comment... it looks suspiciously like the Animated version of Gobo with a 'Fro.

but I've seen expensive shoes that are named after cartoon characters that don't even have a face slapped on them, and you're only able to tell they're that character due to the color scheme. Like the Michelangelo ones that were essentially just green and orange.

Vicki Fraggle

Reaction score
Omg... Really? I drew a better Gobo when I was six! Get some nice canvas shoes and do a REAL fraggle print on them. Oh and drop the price fifty bucks. Those shoes are hot. A hot mess.

lazesummestone

Reaction score
I think even if they started off with the fraggle colors it'd be fine! I like understated design! Like what if they did Wemblys tshirt print all over the shoes?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I second Gophercoffee's sentiment about wanting a boober version! I have to agree also with most of you that these don't look so hot. I was hoping for something a little more slick! Like how CreativeRecreation made the high end spongnebob square pants shoes http://sneakhype.com/kicks/2012/08/bait-x-creative-recreation-spongebob-pack.html
THAT would be sweet.
Heh. I like the bottom souls all have the character prints on them. I'd be afraid to wear those for fear of stepping on something. Especially if I had Squidward. That's tempting fate.

I also noticed this...

Notice how the Gobo they used (essentially a redesigned version of the cartoon show) is exactly the same as on the shoe.

lazesummestone

Reaction score
Yeah I had access to the fragglerock asset archive at one time (when I was working on the comic) and you'll see a lot of the same artwork over and over again on products. They just pick the one they think will work best from their giant digital pile of artwork. It is weird that they didn't create something completely new, but maybe they were on a time crunch.