Pre-Order "The Muppet Movie" coming to Blu-ray August 13, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope this has more than just the Frog-a-oke feature. What is the appear of including sing-along clips as bonus features? Can't they just turn on the subtitles and use the chapter stops (or, if watching on a computer, just keep hitting the mouse on the time thing until you're where you want to go to)?

I'd like it to include a promo for The Muppet Show: Season Four. That'd be a great confirmation of its release. Or perhaps a promo for The Great Muppet Caper on blu-ray, which would confirm that would be coming (but season four is more important to me).

Features I want included:
  • The Muppets Go Hollywood
  • The Muppet Movie Screen Tests
  • non-fiction behnd-the-scenes features
  • photo gallery
  • Commentary by James Frawley, Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, and Frank Oz
  • Muppet commentary (or Muppet Morsels)
  • Sneak peek at The Muppets... Again (with this DVD coming in August and the new movie coming in March, could it realistically have a clip or trailer?)

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Can somebody tell me what's wrong with this cover?

dwayne1115

Reaction score

Can somebody tell me what's wrong with this cover?
There is nothing really wrong with the cover, It has a lot of Muppets, the background is really nice and it has the Studebaker as well. The problem most people are having is the fact that it looks and is photshopy. To me It's bright and colorful which I like, but the only thing that dose kind of bother me as they have taken the Jim Henson productions name away and placed it with the Disney name.

Even when they released it for Kermit's 50 year birthday they still had it under the Jim Henson productions name. I would even be Ok if they did something like Disney's Muppet Studios or something like that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One problem I have with the cover (and this same thing applies to the classic poster as well) is that the studebaker appears to have no roof. I know it's so more characters can fit, but in the movie, the studebaker had a roof, and at no time in the movie did we see the roof come off. Maybe it would have been better if the characters were clearly sitting on top or hanging onto the side of the car.

One thing that would have made a good touch to this cover: Instead of putting Gonzo in the car, have him holding balloons in the far back distance. Too bad none of the photoshopped images are Muppet Movie-era photos.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
but the only thing that dose kind of bother me as they have taken the Jim Henson productions name away and placed it with the Disney name.
Even when they released it for Kermit's 50 year birthday they still had it under the Jim Henson productions name.
Bingo.

I do NOT appreciate Disney continually erasing Jim's name from the things that he did and replacing it with their own... yes, they own the Muppets now, but that's no excuse for them to try and make it seem like Jim Henson never existed. Just more proof of what a crooked and twisted company Disney is.

You can give me all that, "This is Disney, Disney would NEVER do anything wrong" crap you want, but yes they can. Walt Disney the man could do no wrong, but that doesn't mean his company is going to operate by his example... especially back when Eisner was in charge.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I do understand what you are saying,and it will be very interesting to see what they do at the very start of the movie. With the '05-06 release they did show that it was a Disney DVD, but at the start of the movie itself they show it as a "Jim Henson Pictures movie. You know the one where Kermit is on the camera crane that we first saw with "Muppets from Space". I'm almost certain that we will get the Disney opening and nothing more.
Would not be sad if they edited out during the long helicopter, shot that where it says it was a Jim Henson productions,and also edited out Big Bird's line in "Moving Right Along".

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Bingo.

I do NOT appreciate Disney continually erasing Jim's name from the things that he did and replacing it with their own... yes, they own the Muppets now, but that's no excuse for them to try and make it seem like Jim Henson never existed. Just more proof of what a crooked and twisted company Disney is.

You can give me all that, "This is Disney, Disney would NEVER do anything wrong" crap you want, but yes they can. Walt Disney the man could do no wrong, but that doesn't mean his company is going to operate by his example... especially back when Eisner was in charge.
I don't see them doing that. If they don't want people to know who Jim Henson is, they'd physically erase his name from the credits and such. They would've made new audio of Steve's Kermit introducing Bob Hope in the newest movie. The other DVDs of this mention it as either "Jim Henson Video" (which was the label) or "Jim Henson Productions Presents" (which is what the last re-issue had). None of them were ever called "Jim Henson's The Muppet Movie."

Disney is a company and the Muppets are property they now own, like it or not. They can slap their name on everything because they own them. Jim may have created them, but he doesn't own them anymore and the JHC has very lose ties to them now (their only contribution to the last movie was costumes for the characters). Yeah, the "Based on Disney Properties" in the credits on M11 bothered me a tad, but there was still plenty of Jim in that movie to be found.

And Disney technically spend some money to put Jim in the last movie on those light poles. Some exterior shots of the theater had a Shrek banner on the pole, by they spent the time and money changing it to Jim's; just for one shot mind you. They could've made it anything for their shameless promotions (like the Cars 2 billboard), but no, they made it Jim.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
On a slightly related note, I've noticed that within the last couple years they've been using "Disney" more frequently than "Walt Disney" on their animated idents and DVD covers.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're erasing Walt's name, but it still strikes me as pretty generic =/

Status
Not open for further replies.