Pre-Order "The Muppet Movie" coming to Blu-ray August 13, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
People usually refer to anything Walt Disney related as simply "Disney" so it makes sense for the branding to reflect that.

I don't really mind that the Jim Henson Productions logo is absent from the cover because I think there may have been a legal expiration date to using that in the advertising. We've seen the Muppets go from HA! (Henson Associates), to the Jim Henson Company, to EMTV, back to the Jim Henson Company, to the Muppets Holding Company LLC, to Muppet Studios, to the Muppets Studio to Disney. After all that, I still believe Jim is honored under Disney ownership. Wasn't he posthumously inducted into some imagineering thingy at Disney last year?

They've already been referred to as "Disney's The Muppets" and it's a matter of time before they just call them "Disney's Muppets" but this marriage was always Jim's plan. I think they can have it both ways. :smile::jim:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Got it pre-ordered! I'm really excited, I imagine it'll look amazing in hi-def, assuming they did a good restoration. Hopefully Great Muppet Caper and Muppet Treasure Island Blu-rays aren't too far behind!

Also, is it just me, or is it surprisingly "difficult" to find the listing for this release on amazon? When I search for "the muppet movie blu ray", it's the thirteenth listing! lol

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Changing the title font back to their original advertising logo and swapping out a better Piggy picture would greatly improve things. I still think the image and lighting needs work, but it wouldn't bug me so much.

I just hope the special features include the missing scenes.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Has anyone said or volunteer to do a review for Ble ray?
Ill review the Bluray

on another note i hope the bluray comes with a dvd. But it probably wont! MCC had a special edition though with a dvd.

I wish they could just take the current posers pose them for a pic and make that the cover. or use a image for a cover thats already been used. like the original poster

D'Snowth

Reaction score
but this marriage was always Jim's plan.
I thought his plan was to form a joint-venture with Disney, so that having another party focusing on the business aspect of the company would allow him to focus more on the creative aspect.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I thought his plan was to form a joint-venture with Disney, so that having another party focusing on the business aspect of the company would allow him to focus more on the creative aspect.
Not quite. The Jim Henson Company was being absorbed by Disney before Jim's death in 1990. Even though it was referred to as a merger, this does not mean there was to be an equal partnership. There were definite perks and Jim would no longer have to shop his projects around, but he would have technically been working for Disney with an option to retire at any time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And Disney technically spend some money to put Jim in the last movie on those light poles. Some exterior shots of the theater had a Shrek banner on the pole, by they spent the time and money changing it to Jim's; just for one shot mind you. They could've made it anything for their shameless promotions (like the Cars 2 billboard), but no, they made it Jim.
No doubt the Cars poster was superimposed over the original one, due to Disney's shame with the movie at the time (before they realized it made them money)... remember, it was Gnomeo and Juliet. I'm sure if that was still in the final product instead, we'd be a lot angrier. At least I can respect Cars as a brand. Gnomeo and Juliet was only made to rip off Toy Story (long story short)

But that's off topic.

I'm no big fan of Disney's The Muppets or Disney's Muppets... no doubt if they acquired The Jim Henson company, they'd still use JHC as a separate brand. I'm pretty sure they don't call it Disney's Marvel and I don't think their plan is to call it Disney's Star Wars. I'd love to see a label that says "Disney Presents: Jim Henson's Muppets." I'm sure it's to distance the Disney owned Muppets with Henson, and I'm wondering if there's a little of this problem due to JHC's end.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Not quite. The Jim Henson Company was being absorbed by Disney before Jim's death in 1990. Even though it was referred to as a merger, this does not mean there was to be an equal partnership. There were definite perks and Jim would no longer have to shop his projects around, but he would have technically been working for Disney with an option to retire at any time.
According to Street Gang Disney was going to have him sign a ten-year contract for his services to the company, and allowed to work on Sesame Street for only two weeks a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.