Fraggle Rock Threadless T-Shirt Contest

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I have two little entries in the contest. Your votes would be appreciated.

BOOBER FRAGGLE'S LAUNDRY SERVICE:

Boober provides the perfect shirt for the best day of the week…laundry day! He’s joined by a helpful doozer and one of Fraggle Rock’s infamous inkspots. Dress in style while ridding the rest of your clothing of the pesky plague of germs lurking within.
FRAGGLE ROCK ROCKS 30!

Happy 30th, Fraggle Rock! I pay homage to Jim Henson's beautiful creation in this original, 8 color vector illustration.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Thanks! :excited:

The second piece works within a limited pantone palette of 8 colors. It's quite a challenging style I like to work within that requires a lot of creative discipline. I don't think that requires two star omissions, but oh well. :sigh:
For what its worth, I love that art style. So far from what I've seen its been that design is by far my favorite.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
For what its worth, I love that art style. So far from what I've seen its been that design is by far my favorite.
Aw, thanks. :coy:

I also have something legit and Muppety coming out soon with a limited palette. I can't say much about it yet, but it does include Floyd. :sing: He's the Mokey of the Muppet world. So many artists forget to include him!

lazesummestone

Reaction score
Contest, schmontest. I think you should be the official Fraggle Rock merchandising illustrator. Your stuff looks much nicer than the style guide illustrations.

Of course, I'm still wishing Disney released a couple Roger Langridge designed Muppet Show T-Shirts.
Hey Thanks a ton! Yeah I would love to do anything for Henson, they've been the kindest freelance employer I've ever dealt with bar none!
But yeah I sometimes just think that Henson Studio thinks getting a artist like Langridge or myself to do a few shirts would be too expensive, but we'd probably do it for almost nothing just because heck it's Muppets!! But I guess it's a good sign they don't abuse their own overwhelming power.

lazesummestone

Reaction score
I have two little entries in the contest. Your votes would be appreciated.

Happy 30th, Fraggle Rock! I pay homage to Jim Henson's beautiful creation in this original, 8 color vector illustration.
Your entries are super professional lookin! I gotta say I have a fondness for Boober though so your Laundry Service entry is FANTASTIC!!!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Your entries are super professional lookin! I gotta say I have a fondness for Boober though so your Laundry Service entry is FANTASTIC!!!
Thanks so much! I enjoy your work too. All 5's! Your handling of the characters is distinct and fraggley. I must admit to flipping through my Fraggle comics hardcover before pen to Wacom. That's a beautiful book!

Slackbot

Reaction score
The Inspots are the little creatures you often see singing backup in later seasons. There are at least five, although usually only two or three appear at a time.