Pre-Order "The Muppet Movie" coming to Blu-ray August 13, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What they will have:
  • Disney Intermission Interactive Menus
  • Kermit Frog Karaoke Sing Along (I think this may be a part of the first feature)
  • Widescreen

What they should have:
  • Remastered Uncut Print
  • Deleted Scenes
  • James Frawley's Muppet Screen Test
  • Commentary by Production Members & Muppets
  • Original Trailers
  • A "Making of" Documentary

Bits that I hope they have:
  • The Muppets Go Hollywood TV Special
  • Ad for The Muppet Show Season 4&5 on DVD
  • Gallery of Promotional Materials
  • Isolated Score
These old movies unfortunately have to work with whatever they actually kept. I really hope there's access to enough for these special features. The camera tests are a given... they were already released on DVD under Sony. Unless there's some weird copyright hold over, there should be no problem. I'd love to see alternate sequences, because we know that the original ending without the music blaring over the conversations exists. We'd probably have that Pepe documentary thing that was on the 2005 release.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The current listings for the DVD has "Pepe Profiles: Kermit. "A Frog's Life' ", the only bonus feature in the 2005 release.
So, basically, the DVD is just a re-release with a new cover. If you already own the "Kermit's 50th Edition" don't bother buying the DVD.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
The current listings for the DVD has "Pepe Profiles: Kermit. "A Frog's Life' ", the only bonus feature in the 2005 release.
So, basically, the DVD is just a re-release with a new cover. If you already own the "Kermit's 50th Edition" don't bother buying the DVD.
NOOOOOOOOOO! Aw man, now I will try to buy a blu-ray player for just this movie!

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Thanks.

Unfortunately, that was made 10 years ago and I don't really do that sort of fan work anymore. :embarrassed:
Oh ok. Thanks anyway. Off to make a crappy paint cover! I might try doing it in photoshop eventally.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOO! Aw man, now I will try to buy a blu-ray player for just this movie!
Do you have a tv that uses HDMI cables or Component cables? Otherwise you won't be able to even plug it in to your tv. Heck most lower end blu ray players only use HDMI cables and not component.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
My TV is Blu-Ray Compatible actually. I may try and find it online after release, download it and burn it to a DVD.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I made the mistake of getting a blu ray player that was useless to me because none of our tvs have hdmi or component inputs. I literally had to buy a new tv to go with it. Don't want others making that mistake. What do you mean by blu ray compatible? Never heard that term before. I've heard HDMI ready though.

Status
Not open for further replies.