Pre-Order "The Muppet Movie" coming to Blu-ray August 13, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I made the mistake of getting a blu ray player that was useless to me because none of our tvs have hdmi or component inputs. I literally had to buy a new tv to go with it. Don't want others making that mistake. What do you mean by blu ray compatible? Never heard that term before. I've heard HDMI ready though.
I just checked and it does have the HDMI plugs on the back of the TV.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
A Blu-ray player can connect to any TV, but only the higher definition sets are going to give users the enhanced picture.

Still, the interactive menus, greater disc durability, enhanced sound and more bonus features that can fit on a Blu-ray disc make it a good investment. It really should be the version you get if you want to keep a physical copy of the movie for posterity.

It's up to the individual, of course.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
A Blu-ray player can connect to any TV
Tell that to my blu ray player that could ONLY connect via HDMI. It was literally the only port on the device.

People just need to research before they buy and not make the same mistake I did...

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I have a copy from YT. and I wanna burn it. But I don't know any good DVD makers.. any suggestions?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Is the release going to have the film fest, deleted scenes, behind the scenes footage at all? I've read some reviews on Amazon but it must be rumors because it's not even released yet. Personally I don't like the cover. Why they can't just have the original movie poster as the cover, I don't know why. Then again, I'm old school. lol Still, I loved to own it on Blu-ray. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why they can't just have the original movie poster as the cover, I don't know why. Then again, I'm old school. lol Still, I loved to own it on Blu-ray. :smile:
I don't see the logic in kids having that much ADHD that the original poster or video cover doesn't stand out in a sea of exactly the same looking DVD covers. But that's their logic in marketing these things. I wonder how much ownership Drew has over his own artworks and if Disney thought it would be cheaper to do this than pay any royalties if that's the case.

Still, hardly the worst use of photomanipulations in Muppet merchandise. I don't think even Henson would have released this with the original cover. I mean, the Sony release cover is cute, but hardly in the same league as the poster/original home video covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.