TV Alert: The Muppets on "Good Luck Charlie" Season 4 premiere April 28, 2013

snichols1973

Reaction score
The "Duncan's Dream House" episode of GLC is scheduled to air again this Saturday, May 18, at 6 p.m. Central on Disney Channel East (9 p.m. on D.C. West) for those who might have missed it or might want to see an encore presentation....

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Really? Miss Piggy going to attack a four year old child? Boy, they sure got her character to a T. :rolleyes:
That sounds horrible and so not in her nature! As if I didn't need enough reasons to hate the modern Piggy. :mad:

To borrow a quote from one of the ToughPigs forum threads about the Muppets' appearance on The Bachelorette, "It was going so well 'til they used Piggy in the same old angry-arse way! Can we please have some subtletly in her writing please? PLEASE?"

Outside of the 2011 movie, her character truly has been flanderized, stripped of her original complexities and has nothing better to do than act b****y, hit and insult people and act like a hypocritical control freak towards Kermit 24/7 and never get ANY comeuppance for her actions.

I hate to say this (and I know I'll get assaulted for this), but it seems that if Eric Jacobson, Jim Lewis and Kirk Thatcher keep failing to get her character right, it might just be time to admit that the pig no longer has any redeeming values whatsoever and retire her.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Well, I just watched the clip of that highly uncomfortable scene on YouTube and I feel even more sick just knowing that the pig would stoop so low as to threaten and try to assault a little kid--something that she NEVER would've done in the Muppet Show days! :grouchy:

Why did Eric not stop them from doing that? If Frank was still doing the pig, he wouldn't have allowed them to destroy Piggy's character in such a god-awful manner! She really has crossed the line and should be ashamed of herself! :mad:

Not only that--her actions there further cement the fact that she really does hate all the other Muppets now. In the old days, even though Piggy was often annoyed by other Muppets' behaviors, she DID care about them in her own way and think of them as her friends. Now, she only seems to put up with them solely for Kermit's sake and not because she cares about them deep down. Heck, I don't even think she even loves her precious Kermie anymore.

Man, unless the Flanderized Piggy that we've been seeing in most of her recent appearances outside the 2011 movie is truly a fake and an imposter (and I'm not talking about the Miss Poogy variety) and not the "real" Piggy, I hate the pig these days! The Muppet writers need to learn how to write her properly immediately or retire the character! The frog is too good for her anyway and she re-fire her or at least threaten to fire her again if she doesn't clean up her act right away (I REALLY hope that this whole situation will give the frog a moment to seriously consider firing her again, breaking up with her for real or at least give her a REALLY good reprimanding--she needs to be put back her in place, recieve more negative karma and get punished for her bad behavior again, like she often did recieve in the Muppet Show days)!

It's times like this that also make me glad that they asked Segel and Stoller to write the last movie and not Jim Lewis and Kirk Thatcher or any of the other writers that obviously overlook the complexities that a character like Piggy once had.

Just writing all this makes me and sad at the same time. I'm even feeling misty-eyed and sick to my stomach just typing all this! :frown::cry::sigh::sympathy:

Now I feel like I'm really about to start crying. As :attitude: once said, "I need a hanky".

Duke Remington

Reaction score
But was it the Muppet writers or the GLC writers who write the parts for the muppets? :/
That's what I'd like to know too.

Regardless, to borrow a quote from ToughPigs: "Latter-day Muppet writers have had a hard time pinning her down, because it’s so tempting to just make her go around yelling and hitting people."

But still, Eric and the others should've spoken out and tried to prevent the continuing destruction of the pig's personality.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
(When will Piggy ever ask if they prefer 'Frog or Pig?'. It's out of character for her to ask something that's against her beloved Kermie.)
Oh, I just remembered that! I hated that bit too! All the more reason to despise that mean-spirited pig who has since lost all of her redeeming values! It's bad enough that I'm already in a bad mood right now as it is! :grouchy:

If she would still be written like she was in the old days or like she was in the 2011 film, things would be MUCH better off!

As Danny Kaye once said in his TMS episode, "I need a little cheering up."