TV Alert: The Muppets on "Good Luck Charlie" Season 4 premiere April 28, 2013

Duke Remington

Reaction score
P.S.: I also remember hearing Frank say somewhere that "People want Piggy to be b****y". And he's absolutely correct in this case--so many of these writers have been doing just that, thus destroying her character and making her dislikable.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
He may be a little...dramatic...but Piggy's characterization has been a major issue since Jim's passing. The last movie had her in fine form.
I will admit to being dramatic, but I really had to get it off my chest.

As I said before, I agree that she was just right in the movie. It's just that most of us wish that everything else she's in would keep her that way.

Drtooth

Reaction score
He may be a little...dramatic...but Piggy's characterization has been a major issue since Jim's passing. The last movie had her in fine form.
I don't know who coerced who about the public loving one note joke Piggy, but we indeed have had that problem longer than anyone thinks. Of course, that's due to TV appearances, interviews specifically... NONE of that comes out in major projects. VMX and especially the last Muppet movie gave the character the depth she deserves. The problem isn't so much that the character has Flanderized, so much as those TV appearances are scripted to be. Not to mention that it's painfully obvious that the GLC writers kinda have no hold on the characters, and resorted to writing what they think they are.

I wouldn't worry. Piggy may have had a short temper in the movies, but it was along side a very deep characterization.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Not a bad song; I liked the short TMS-style introduction they had on the television.

But, c'mon. Can Piggy not live in 24 b*tch mode please?
Yeah. Being cruel to Kermit and the other Muppets is one thing, but Charlie is just a little girl. She does need to loosen up more.

Sorry to post so late, but I just saw this online now. I don't know what I'm going to do when "Girl Meets World" comes out, I guess I'll have to subscribe to the Disney Channel.

The ending was funny, although I think Piggy was a little too aggressive. But, hey, she's always been that way. :wink:
I'm not sure I totally agree with that. Frank's Piggy only seemed to get aggressive if she felt insulted or was provoked, I don't think they would have had her chase a small child just for prefering bears over pigs especially if she had initiated the question herself. But then again, she did try to attack Big Bird when he was on The Muppet Show, so you never know.

Not only that--her actions there further cement the fact that she really does hate all the other Muppets now. In the old days, even though Piggy was often annoyed by other Muppets' behaviors, she DID care about them in her own way and think of them as her friends. Now, she only seems to put up with them solely for Kermit's sake and not because she cares about them deep down. Heck, I don't even think she even loves her precious Kermie anymore.
Yeah. Even as recently as It's a Very Muppet Christmas Movie she admitted to loving them all like cousins, now about a year back or so she said that the others were only Kermit's friends, not hers. That's quite sad.

Well, let's be honest; some of her best/funniest moments are when she's angry.
Well, yeah, but when it's provoked, not to the extent where she's going after a four-year-old who was just minding her own business.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I'm not sure I totally agree with that. Frank's Piggy only seemed to get aggressive if she felt insulted or was provoked, I don't think they would have had her chase a small child just for prefering bears over pigs especially if she had initiated the question herself. But then again, she did try to attack Big Bird when he was on The Muppet Show, so you never know.
She also harmed Robin in the Linda Lavin episode's Vet's Hospital sketch. But then again, it's one thing for her to harm other Muppets, but to do to that to a non-Muppet kid is crossing the line.

Yeah. Even as recently as It's a Very Muppet Christmas Movie she admitted to loving them all like cousins, now about a year back or so she said that the others were only Kermit's friends, not hers. That's quite sad.
That's very true. I wish more modern Muppet productions would take hints from VMX and the 2011 movie (two productions that actually did succeed in getting Piggy's character right) in regards to things like this more frequently and not forget such often-overlooked character dynamics as Piggy caring about the other Muppets and regarding them as her friends deep down, even if she doesn't always admit it.

Well, yeah, but when it's provoked, not to the extent where she's going after a four-year-old who was just minding her own business.
I wonder... Since the Muppet material in their GLC appearance was written by GLC writers and not by any of the Muppet writers (Jim Lewis, Kirk Thatcher, etc.), I wonder if most of the recent appearances (various talk show appearances and interviews, some press release interviews like some of the ones done at the time of the 2011 film's release, etc.) that slam us with the Flanderized Piggy were written by the people in charge of those shows or whatever and not by Jim, Kirk or any of the Muppet people.