TV Alert: The Muppets on "Good Luck Charlie" Season 4 premiere April 28, 2013

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I think that's been the problem over the years, different puppeteers, different writers and things like that. You're right that they need to take hints from VMX and the 2011 movie or heck, maybe they'll even see this forum and realize that they're wrong. On a similar subject, I don't know if anyone's seen The Looney Tunes Show on CN. I'm assuming so, since I've noticed a few people here post on the Toonzone Forums as well. Recall how Daffy was a slanderous jerk in the first season, but once the second season started, he sort of toned down. Hopefully Disney will get the message and this will happen with :mad: as well. (I think while we're on this topic, maybe we should change the "emotion" for the Miss Piggy smilie. Maybe that's what's giving people a bad impression of her. Lol.)

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Hey, let's all remember, Teddy was dreaming this all, and she probably isn't a huge fan like us. That's the only way she knew Piggy to act. So yeah...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Dammm, that's some good thinkin' right there.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hey, let's all remember, Teddy was dreaming this all, and she probably isn't a huge fan like us. That's the only way she knew Piggy to act. So yeah...

Well, that's a good point, but did the show's writers take that into consideration? I still think that was more of Piggy crossing the line. Hopefully, they won't portray her like that in future projects.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Well, that's a good point, but did the show's writers take that into consideration? I still think that was more of Piggy crossing the line. Hopefully, they won't portray her like that in future projects.
They should never have portrayed her like that, period.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah...that's one way to think about it but I doubt that's what the writers were going for. Besides, Teddy was nowhere to be seen in the last scene. It was just Charlie. Why would Charlie imagine Miss Piggy coming after her? In that case, why would Teddy imagine her attacking her own sister? It still doesn't totally make sense...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah...that's one way to think about it but I doubt that's what the writers were going for. Besides, Teddy was nowhere to be seen in the last scene. It was just Charlie. Why would Charlie imagine Miss Piggy coming after her? In that case, why would Teddy imagine her attacking her own sister? It still doesn't totally make sense...
That's true. If this girl cares enough for her sister to make videos about how to handle problems when she becomes a teenager, why would she turn the other way and dream about Miss Piggy uncharacteristically attacking her? Heck, even Oscar the Grouch has more of a soft spot for kids.

I was kidding, I know the writers didn't have that in mind. :stick_out_tongue: Just trying to calm down the crowd. :wink:
That's a good thought. Maybe we did lose our cools over this too much over this, but still I think it's a legitimate reason for Muppet fans to be upset. Again, her nasty personality wasn't just at GLC, but in quite a few of her recent appearances as well.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
That's true. If this girl cares enough for her sister to make videos about how to handle problems when she becomes a teenager, why would she turn the other way and dream about Miss Piggy uncharacteristically attacking her? Heck, even Oscar the Grouch has more of a soft spot for kids.

Maybe we did lose our cools over this too much over this, but still I think it's a legitimate reason for Muppet fans to be upset. Again, her nasty personality wasn't just at GLC, but in quite a few of her recent appearances as well.
Totally true.

But Piggy pretty much always had a soft spot for kids, mostly when Frank was still doing her. They even made it clear a couple of times that Piggy liked kids. And her actions on GLC clearly go against that.

Who wrote for the Muppets in their recent appearances in The Bachelorette, Good Morning America, etc.? I now doubt that it might've been Jim Lewis or Kirk Thatcher.

Then again, Thatcher did direct the Case of the Stolen Show interactive game for the Disney Cruise Line. And it's introductory scene has Piggy getting ticked off when Kermit says that the props for the show were stolen, making him unable to think about a dinner date with her. She just says "We'll talk about this later" and storms off. By comparison, I think the old Piggy would've gotten just as distressed about the whole thing and maybe go something like "Oh no! If we can't do the show, moi won't be able to do her big number! Let's do this thing!" or something like that and maybe act a little more helpful, even if it may have been for slightly selfish reasons like that (similar to her whole "I didn't come all the way from Paris to not be on TV" bit from the movie).

That kind of renews my ill feeling that Kirk, Jim and Eric maybe don't fully understand her character and how to approach her properly at all, even though I don't want to finger them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That kind of renews my ill feeling that Kirk, Jim and Eric maybe don't fully understand her character and how to approach her properly at all, even though I don't want to finger them.
The true problem is, the Muppets need a regular project that allows them to be deep. Only times I see Piggy act like that is in small TV appearances, interviews especially. I don't so much think it's not having a handle on the character so much as an inability to show any of it in interview form.