TV Alert: The Muppets on "Good Luck Charlie" Season 4 premiere April 28, 2013

Duke Remington

Reaction score
The true problem is, the Muppets need a regular project that allows them to be deep. Only times I see Piggy act like that is in small TV appearances, interviews especially. I don't so much think it's not having a handle on the character so much as an inability to show any of it in interview form.
On the other hand, there were a lot of interviews and small TV appearances, especially in the 1980's, where the characters did express some deepness, including Piggy not getting b****y and not running around hitting people, not reacting negatively to Kermit being around or interacting with other women every nano-second, etc.

But you do have an excellent point there, DrTooth, about how the Muppets need a new regular project that can actually allow them to be deep and be their complex selves, without having to do all that one-dimensional nonsense stuff that they keep being forced to do in the small appearances and interviews.

Come to think of it, when they do all that one-dimensional stuff in the interviews and small appearances, I hope that it's nothing more than an act. It kinda reminds me of one of the secret elevator tape videos on Disney.com--the one where Piggy tells Kermit that they have a problem--and the problem is is that there are no problems and that if they don't have problems, they won't get any coverage. So, I guess they only do all the things that we'd rather they not do solely for the sake of getting coverage, albeit reluctantly and out of pressure from people that think the one-dimensionalities are all there is to them...but, of course, us fans know better.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. That makes sense. They haven't had a big appearance since the movie came out so they seem to be a bit out of character for small TV appearances. Maybe someone should write to Disney and make that request.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
(When will Piggy ever ask if they prefer 'Frog or Pig?'. It's out of character for her to ask something that's against her beloved Kermie.)
I just remembered another thought that popped out into my head remembering all this:

Stuff like this tends to make me think that the pig loves herself more than her frog these days.

But again, this was all probably just an act anyway, like I said in my last post.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Yeah. That makes sense. They haven't had a big appearance since the movie came out so they seem to be a bit out of character for small TV appearances. Maybe someone should write to Disney and make that request.
Any specific people we should try and contact about this? Like Lyelle Brier (the head of The Muppets Studio)?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Then again, it doesn't seem to be half as bad as it was before Disney gained ownership. Remember the Macy's Parade appearance when they were promoting VMX? Things haven't exactly been that bad since.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Then again, it doesn't seem to be half as bad as it was before Disney gained ownership. Remember the Macy's Parade appearance when they were promoting VMX? Things haven't exactly been that bad since.
That's true, but they still have a long way to go before Piggy becomes truly un-Flanderized, though.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Just be happy The Muppets appeared on Good Luck Charlie and not Shake it Up! or Austin & Ally.